Kawasaki Ninja XZ-RR (Tamiya of course)

Started by Cricket · 116 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

@coondog @brithebuilder @fiveten @chinesegeorge @chrisballard @gblair @ssgt @johnb @clipper @jdtruby

Progress I added the wire harness (not fun) got the rear wheel chain and swing arm done and added to the frame (also not fun). Now I have tons of wires to figure out where they go, I don’t suppose it matter because one will never really track them down to see if they are correct LOL. Also got the Tamiya fork set in today and that will be cool because there is a lot of detail that goes to the front wheel….also pictured in case no one saw it on the Paint group

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@coondog @brithebuilder @fiveten @chinesegeorge @chrisballard @gblair @ssgt @johnb @clipper @jdtruby

Progress I added the wire harness (not fun) got the rear wheel chain and swing arm done and added to the frame (also not fun). Now I have tons of wires to figure out where they go, I don’t suppose it matter because one will never really track them down to see if they are correct LOL. Also got the Tamiya fork set in today and that will be cool because there is a lot of detail that goes to the front wheel….also pictured in case no one saw it on the Paint group

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Okay Cricket (@bikequeen), now we know better. I mean if it were not fun you wouldn't do it, right? Now, if these bikes were in 1/35 scale, or even better, 1/48, then that might be pushing the boundaries of fun a bit! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

The amount of detail is amazing, Cricket (@bikequeen), and the front fork set will add even more detail. I really like the subtle metallic tones you get with the paint.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Amazing detail indeed, Cricket @bikequeen
    Besides all the wiring, also the fork set looks great.
    Looking forward to see that installed.

• Profile Photo

@clipper @johnb @gblair Okay okay lets just say it was better than a sharp stick in the eye :). Yeah The details are really good. I did the exhaust with the resin sensors so we will see how that goes on and the radiator. The paints still have not arrived. Waiting on the Kawasaki green 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Do you use Tamiya paints, Cricket (@bikequeen)?

• Profile Photo

@gblair predominantly yes, mostly spray cans for now until I get the feel for the airbrush Lillie things I use bottled Tamiya paints fro brighter silver I have discovered Testors Metal Silver and Mr Color SIlver .. and trying to learn AK Xtreme Metals 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Awesome job so far, my friend @bikequeen! Kudos to your patience putting all these things together!:

• Profile Photo

@fiveten
    Thank you Spiros

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Cricket @bikequeen .. this model of yours is amazingly detailed , yet amazingly complicated ! You’re doing amazing work on this, like on your other models too.

• Profile Photo

@ssgt thanks Jay, considering I’ve been doing this under 3 years, I’m amazing myself! Who knew!?

• Profile Photo

Sneak peak, dont mind the dust. The front fender gave me fits all day. The forks were no picnic either. tons of PE and resin detail. The wiring is a nightmare, i should have stopped hours ago but I couldn’t, totally addicted to this bike

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Your perseverance pays off, my friend @bikequeen! Excellent so far!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Wow, this front part of the bike, just like the rest so far, looks great, Cricket @bikequeen