Pocher 1/4 Ducati Panigale 1299 R Final Edition

Started by Cricket · 157 · 3 months ago · 1/4, Ducati, Panigale 1299, Pocher, Pocher Ducati 199 R Final Edition
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 4 months, 1 week ago:

@fiveten @johnb thanks again Spiros and John im happy with it but I’m running out of room :). The tilting tank was not my idea but it works perfectly

• Profile Photo

Todays progress…this is a mock up..still miles to go before i sleep on this one

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Killer! Just how long does that mock up measure, Cricket?
    @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Wow! What a mock up, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Starting to look like a real bike, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo

@eb801 Hey Eric, from tire to tire it’s 20 inches long add another 2 inches if you want to count the racing stand :). I have yet to weigh it as I need to make a platform to hold it but it’s heavy, to heavy to slide around so I can work on it on my 24 inch kitchen table 🙂

• Profile Photo

@johnb Thank you John, almost as heavy as a real bike too 😉

• Profile Photo

@fiveten thank you Spiros so much more to add to it, I get confused jumping from the guide I was given and the instructions which are Terribly vague and sometimes just plain wrong

• Profile Photo

The kit was missing 2 critical parts, they were 2 small disks that held the lower part and springs of the forks in place, with out them they were useless unless I CA glued them in place killing the suspension altogether. I searched in vain thinking they were separate or on another sprue but no for whatever reason they were left out off this kit

So I grabbed a couple of washers out of the garage and turned them down in my lathe and fitted them

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

The front disk brake rotors were also a bit of a challenge the rotor itself was separate from the mount and held together with a small “pin” washer and “C” clip times 6 on each side than screwed on to the wheel.

The tires are heavy almost solid rubber/plastic (rear tire over 6 inches in diameter and almost 2 inches wide) and were very difficult to fit on the wheels. I had to soak them in hot water to get them on the wheel. The front tire, 5.5 inches in diameter and 1.25 inches wide was difficult but fairly simple compared to rear wheel. I managed to press it on in the hot water with plenty of clear dish liquid as a lubricant. The rear tire i was able to get one small section on underwater but the rest I had to put in a drill press with a piece of wood cover to keep it from being marred and press it into place, with some patience, a lot trepidation it worked. No pic of the wheels you can see them on the bike…photos attached

There are still tons of decals to be added but I didn’t want to put them on for fear of ruining them. Still more tubing to be added. As stated, many miles before I sleep on this one and it’s so heavy I can barley move it around on the kitchen table More pics later today or this week

2 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Today’s update I hadn’t planned on doing much today but once I started it kind snowballed … what’s a girl to do 😉

20 parts here took a several hours to assemble and install

Sitting on the engine…all the holes had to be tapped for screws, that was the most time consuming

Here it is installed with the damper installed and what a trip that was lifting this thing so I could install it as the whole rear wheel is connected to it.

I have to seal the decal on the spring, nice touch this guy added to it

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 1 week ago:

This is really impressive, my friend @bikequeen! The amount of parts and overall detailing is insane. You definitely get the most out of this ultra-complex/ultra-challenging kit!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 4 months, 1 week ago:

I really like the carbon fibre bits, Cricket @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Nice approach with the washers, Cricket @bikequeen
    The decal on the spring is indeed a nice detail.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @johnb @chinesegeorge thanks guys, George the carbon fiber was pre painted. Spiros the kit would be nothing with out the addons from Paul Koo and his expertise and guidance :). John, yeah I like the decal…I have to use solvent on it if it gets ruined I have a spare 🙂