Pocher 1/4 Ducati Panigale 1299 R Final Edition

Started by Cricket · 86 · 2 days ago · 1/4, Ducati, Panigale 1299, Pocher, Pocher Ducati 199 R Final Edition
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 week, 4 days ago:

That is probably the heaviest model I have ever seen, Cricket (@bikequeen). We had storms, rain, hail, high winds, and a couple of tornadoes this past weekend. We got over 2 inches of rain here. Next round of storms is supposed to be on Mother's Day.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Looks awesome so far, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 4 days ago:

@gblair. Yeah we got the 2 inches 2 day ago now the nasty coming in tonight…UGH. Yeah the model is HUGE! May take me more than 2 hours to build 🙂

• Profile Photo

@fiveten thanks Spiros…im not so sure….I need a larger work space to be sure

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 4 days ago:

You started that engine beautifully, Cricket @bikequeen
    It is always difficult to figure out how those metal parts will behave, but being soft metal indicates that you have to be very careful when tightening those screws. I'm sure you will be the perfect person to tackle this.

• Profile Photo

@johnb Thanks John better to find out at the begging then half way through….under severe weather threat……more later

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 1 week, 4 days ago:

That's a fantastic looking engine! Totally love the mini engineering! When you got this kit, I never truly thought, the engine would weigh that much, just on it's own?
    I don't think that you should display the finished model, on a shelf though.
    I suggest that you just park it in the garage?
    Seriously though, you guys stay safe out there, in that foul weather!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 days, 23 hours ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @epinac @chinesegeorge @bozzer @faraomike

Got some engine work done over the last few days. I resigned for the fire department amid a disagreement with the chief. So i am trying to get my life back after 6 years

So onward……

The kit is mediocre at best for the money, quite by accident I found the hardware and decals etc etc on eBay. The guy that sold them to me is a freakin genius! He has all kind of ideas for add ons and wire harnesses etc etc…total impressed by him and his work.

So here is the engine as it, still lots to go on it and touch up some of the molded on bolts to paint. I will post the oil cooler after this

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 days, 22 hours ago:

I copied his idea for the oil cooler. So he came up with this idea.

The real bike has fins on the oil cooler, the kit one is plain, so to simulate them here he did this trick and I followed suit. Heres mine copied from his

The foil tape was a huge2 inch wide roll my dad had, lord knows how old it is…it was around his basement shop when I was little, Thanks dad :). I’m glad i took it when I cleaned his house after he died.

I cut it the width of the cooler, then scored it with a blade, applied it to the part then painted it :). Came out GREAT!

This kit may take a couple days more then my usual one because of this guy ;). I’m super pumped with his ideas and detail hardware

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 days, 22 hours ago:

Amazing the stuff you can find on Ebay, Cricket (@bikequeen). Motor looks very nice, thanks to all of the extra work you put into it.

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 5 days, 22 hours ago:

Really looks great Cricket (@bikequeen). It's all these additional details that make for a real standout build. I went into forced retirement last summer after being laid off from a place where I was the most senior software developer there and had been there 17 years, so I know how you feel. But being retired has been good so far. I think you'll appreciate the free time.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 5 days, 22 hours ago:

Sorry to hear you’ve fallen out with the fire service, Cricket @bikequeen, still, I guess it will give you more time at the workbench, this kit looks like it needs plenty of time. Hope you survive the weather OK.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 5 days, 21 hours ago:

I am flabbergasted at the details, you have put into this engine!
    Can't we start a Go Fund Me page, for a larger workbench, for you? 😉

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 days, 18 hours ago:

Excellent job on the engine, my friend @bikequeen!
    While resigning due to disagreement sounds not that good, I believe a new, better life starts.

• Profile Photo
    John Truby said 5 days, 18 hours ago:

Fantastic progress on that engine. I hope the future is a bright one for you.