Pocher Ducati

Started by Cricket · 31 · 1 week ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 6 days ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @anthonyricco @epinac @chinesegeorge

What do you all think of this?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Honestly, I think you must be a wizardress model builder. It seems like you are building your entire stash all at the same time! How are you managing this? 🙂

Seriously, you do great work on these cars and bikes and regardless of the subject matter, they look primo. Bravo!

• Profile Photo

@clipper gosh (blushing). Thats Pocher is not mine….yet. I’m contemplating it but it’s super expensive 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 week, 6 days ago:

I think it comes pre-painted, Cricket @bikequeenand is probably screwed together. If you’re after something different and expensive have a look at the Model Factory Hiro kits (MFH), they are really super detailed. Here’s one of them.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John aitken said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Pocher are far from state of the art quality but in the right hands- yours for sure produce wonderful models..MFH a are great- I’ve not done their bikes tho…but lean towards needing more machinery to deal with the metal parts, and their resin isn’t the best..MFH are rather pricey as well, not that Pocher are cheap either

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge thanks I am aware they are pre painted and use screws.

• Profile Photo

@johnaitken thanks John i looked at MFH and there are about 3 bikes none of which really thrill me. What is it about Pocher that is not state of the art?

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 week, 6 days ago:

The Ducati looks really nice, Cricket (@bikequeen). Pocher is expensive, but I think you get what you pay for.

• Profile Photo

@gblair yeah its pretty! Pretty expensive :). If I buy it may be the last kit I ever buy. Suppose to 900 plus parts

• Profile Photo

@gblair yeah its pretty! Pretty expensive :). If I buy it may be the last kit I ever buy. Suppose to 900 plus parts

• Profile Photo

Fit, detail and crispness of castings…that said, I am no bike person and can truly only speak for the car models in their lineup..I’d choose them over MFH tho..am sure you will be pleased..some speak of MFH in hushed tones of reverence- am not amongst them..besides, subject is everything. To me, if I resonate with the subject it makes all the difference..

• Profile Photo

@johnaitken Ive known of Pocher for many years and heard of MFH as well. I would go with MFH for an F1 car, the bikes they have are vintage which are nice but I prefer the more modern ones. And for the price if casting, crispness and detail are an issue…I dunno :/

• Profile Photo

Do one- worst case, consider it a bucket list thing..”I built one”. Don’t let me put you off..I’d love to build one…

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Almost as many parts as the real thing, Cricket (@bikequeen).

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Just talked about this Pocher bike with a friend of mine this afternoon, Cricket @bikequeen
    We found it was priced at $999, not my kind of idea for modelling. Let alone the scale 1:4 !