REPSOL Honda RC213V - WIP

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 204 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Decals did came on very nicely, Brian @brithebuilder

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 11 months, 1 week ago:

@kalamazoo - I had no idea you could mix Pledge with an acrylic paint Allan. It must essentially be an acrylic itself then.

@chinesegeorge - Thanks George. There really are some complicated surfaces to deal with. The decals are well designed though and even the multi part stripes look fantastic now that they're all done.

• Profile Photo

@johnb - Thanks John, I'll be posting finished pics shortly. Just waiting on a blob of clear for the camera lens to dry.

• Profile Photo

@rory, @johnb, @gblair, @chinesegeorge, @fiveten, @bikequeen, @kalamazoo - Finished!

This build definitely took longer than expected but I'm incredibly happy with the result. After I have a chance to edit the video I'll also post an article with the video link. I appreciate all of you following along and offering advice and encouragement!

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Very nice, Brian (@brithebuilder). The paint and finish is exceptionally nice. I like the use of red and orange in the paint scheme.

• Profile Photo

@gblair - Thanks George. I was definitely drawn to the red and orange of the REPSOL team colors.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 1 week ago:

It turned out wonderful, Brian @brithebuilder
    For sure Marc Márquez would love to have this build on his desk.
    Excellent result with lots of details.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 1 week ago:

SUPERB, my friend @brithebuilder!
    What a fantastic result and an equally fantastic thread!

• Profile Photo

@johnb - Thanks John, wouldn't it be cool to actually be able to give it to Marquez!
    @fiveten - Thanks Spiros, I'm glad you enjoyed the build! It really is a fantastic kit.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Looking forward to seeing this in Headlines, @brithebuilder.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Nicely done Brian, it does look good.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge - Thanks George.
    @kalamazoo - Thanks Allan.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 11 months, 1 week ago:

@chinesegeorge hey George! All the clear Tamiya spray say not to spray over decals….so how does that work? On my bigger bikes I used regular auto wax on them come pretty good

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Hi Cricket, @bikequeen, thanks for question. I currently use these three products. Neither of the two Tamiya products have a warning about brushing or spraying over transfers, although their acrylic matt varnish I think does, but I haven’t used it for ages. The Mr Color product is, I think, an acrylic varnish and has no warning, but I hardly ever use it, I think I bought it when I used to build tanks. I think before you put any clear product over transfers make sure they are completely dry is the best advice. Hope this helps.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 11 months, 1 week ago:

@chinesegeorge flat and semi both have the warning, I thought gloss clear did too but this can doesnt

I dont or rarely use an airbrush…heres a photo

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.