Tamiya Ducati SUPERLEGGERA V41/12th

Started by Cricket · 19 · 2 days ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 3 days, 23 hours ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @epinac @chinesegeorge @bozzer @faraomike @dion-dunn

I have this bike in my stash for quite awhile now and after the Pocher 1/4th many people have asked, what’s next Bike Queen? :). Well good question, it wont be going to Disney World 😉 I have several bikes in the wing, so to speak, as well as the Mercedes 300SL. But after the Panigale 1/4, I felt I could use some of the things I learned on the large scale to adapt to this kit.

I also have the Hobby Design detail kit and Falcon clutch.

I’m also going to try to do more detailed shots of my work, there will be mixing of colors and airbrushing on this kit and while i wait for my new job to come to fruition I’m going to play. This will be my 6th Ducati kit it all began with the Ducati Panigale 1199 so it’s fitting that I do the SUPERLEGGERA now.

Here are the parts trees and Hobby Design kit all complete with the obligatory Tamiya screwdriver (i have dozens of these by now ;))

I also won’t be spamming everyone with a lot of emails, so bookmark this build, I promise you wont be disappointed

7 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 3 days, 23 hours ago:

You can’t go wrong with Tamiya Ducati kits, Cricket @bikequeen, looking forward to this one.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 3 days, 23 hours ago:

@chinesegeorge to true George but the same can be said about any Tamiya kit, I am especially liking the Kawasaki Nijas too, wish there were more. Of course that being said the detail kit made for those models really sell it!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 days, 22 hours ago:

This looks like a good one, Cricket (@bikequeen), especially in red. Looking forward to the rest.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 3 days, 22 hours ago:

@gblair thanks George, it should be interesting 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 3 days, 22 hours ago:

@bikequeen - Very cool Cricket. I love seeing all the PE and 3d printed detail parts!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 3 days, 21 hours ago:

@brithebuilder thank Brian…its your fault i found out about the PE and stuff….now I’m an aftermarket PE junkie 😉

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 days, 19 hours ago:

Now you play properly, like a real modeler, instead of wasting your time assembling expensive toys. THIS IS a real model and the extra goodies will make things interesting. You will definitely have my attention.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 3 days, 19 hours ago:

Yep, she's definitely nuts!
    I couldn't help but notice, that PE chain?
    That reminds me of my 1/35 days, and moveable tracks?
    Why do we torture ourselves, like we do, lol
    I'm glad that things are looking brighter, on the horizon. Hopefully, I'll get in my own cave, pretty soon? I have lots of things to do 😉

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 days, 17 hours ago:

Another superb entry, my friend @bikequeen! Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 days, 16 hours ago:

Great entry of what looks like an amazing kit, Cricket @bikequeen
    Will be following this build with lots of interest.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 3 days ago:

@bikequeen - Anything I can do to help... I'm always here for you Cricket. LOL

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 days, 9 hours ago:

@faraomike Thanks Mike, it should be fun 😉

• Profile Photo

@bozzer not my first PE chain Boz, this will be about my 6th or so. I’d like to think I’m getting better at it….LOL

• Profile Photo

@fiveten thank you Spiros…I’m looking forward to it, but man it’s tiny 😉