Tamiya Honda CGR1000RR-R Fireblade

Started by Cricket · 59 · 9 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

I was having DT’S so I started this 🙂

Two color options the one on the box art or the Matte Pearl Morion Black, i opted for the latter. And I’m off and running.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Yet another awesome entry, my friend @bikequeen!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

All-black looks really classy, Cricket (@bikequeen). Should be fun to paint.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 9 months, 1 week ago:

@fiveten @gblair thanks guys! What’s even more classy George it that it’s Metallic Black 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months, 1 week ago:

Hi Cricket @bikequeen, the metallic black is a great choice, it should look really cool.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 1 week ago:

Great choice, Cricket @bikequeen
    On both, the kit and the black color. It will look awesome.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Thanks everyone! This engine is going to have GREAT kick A$$ detail :). In the last 2 years, I have built Tamiya kits from the 70’s to present this being the newest so far, and of course the Africa Twin (in the wings the Ducati Superleggera). It’s amazing to see how they have progresses over the decades in both detail nad manufacturing tricks, such as molding tricks with parts sprues! I am a Tamiya junkie 😉

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 9 months, 1 week ago:

You are right, Cricket (@bikequeen), the detail on the engine is amazing. Modern molding techniques produce some really nice parts.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months, 1 week ago:

I agree, Cricket @bikequeen, but it still relies on the skill of the modeller to bring out the best of them.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 1 week ago:

Great details indeed, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 1 week ago:

This looks indeed very detailed, Cricket @bikequeen
    Modern molds and materials do help but the best needs to come from the modeller. Therefore this kit is in perfect hands at this moment.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 9 months, 1 week ago:

Crazy detail and an awesome bike, looking forward.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 9 months, 1 week ago:

@bikequeen - Fantastic work so far Cricket. The black on black color scheme is going to look super cool!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen

Thank you everyone i really like how the subtle colors of the 2 slivers on the engine look, Mica Silver on the crankcase and head and Titanium Silver (both Tamiya of course) on the cylinders, nice contrast.

I used the “Falcon” chain from Poland and you’re right @chinesegeorge very delicate…it ddidn’t come out like I had hoped :(.

Lots of tiny details to be added but i want to wait because they will rub off with handling.

Found this pic on the “interweb” and I hope I can get it to look this good 🙂

4 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 9 months, 1 week ago:

I think yours is well on the way to looking at least as good as the one in the photo, Cricket (@bikequeen).