Tamiya Honda CGR1000RR-R Fireblade

Started by Cricket · 59 · 9 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 1 week ago:

Wow! Superb progress and ditto result so far, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 1 week ago:

What an amazing progress, Cricket @bikequeen
    Like always, a pity to hide all those details behind the cowlings.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 9 months ago:

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Well it’s done….would have been done Friday evening but there was a glue smear on the fuel tank. I scraped it off and masked it so the the decal wasn’t damaged and repainted it but the scraping was visible, so I smoothed it all down and repainted it again….sigh.

So wanting to finish it on my birthday failed 🙁

Then I started with the cowlings and one had spots of clear red on it so once again I fixed and repainted it. By then I was toast so I put it all aside and let it dry.

Saturday we were going to my sister in laws house, som I hurried and finished it Saturday morning but there wasn’t time to shoot pics.

There is another glue spot on one cowling but I couldn’t fix it 🙁 and I scratched one headlight lens and no way to fix it.

I did the Honda badges on the fuel tank and they came out GREAT, put solvent on them and they flattened right out. The next morning one was messed up, dont know how it happened, i must have picked it up and touched it…tried to find decals on ebay but none to be had

Anyway……. Here it is…I like it….something about the black that really stands out to me

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 9 months ago:

Wow, this came out great, Cricket (@bikequeen). It looks like something they would ride in Mission Impossible. Well done.

• Profile Photo

@gblair. Thanks George :). I love the Metallic Black 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months ago:

Good morning, Cricket @bikequeen, happy birthday! The Fireblade came out great, get in Headlines, we wouldn’t have known about a couple of whoopsies if you hadn’t told us about them.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months ago:

Fantastic result, my friend @bikequeen! That black looks indeed amazing! Thank you for yet another super addition to our Motorcycles GB!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months ago:

First of all, congratulatins on your birthday, Cricket @bikequeen
    Second, congratulations on this great result. The Honda looks amazing.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @chinesegeorge @johnb. Thanks guys! I enjoyed and love the color, but as @chinesegeorge called them “Whoopsies” i dont think it’s good enough for the headlines This bike number 16 in just about or a bit over 2 years …. I guess I need to get a life :). My husband brought me a 3D printer for my bday and now I have ot find a place to put it in this tiny house. 600 square feet of livable space with 2 dogs a parrot and husband….it’s a bit crowded 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months ago:

Your Honda Fireblade is more than good enough to go in the Headlines, Cricket @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo

Definitely worth a headline article, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Okay guys….I added the Fireblade to the Headlines and a couple more photos you haven’t seen yet 🙂

Honda CBR 1000 RR-R Fireblade SP
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months ago:

Congratulations, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

A wise decision to present it on the headlines, Cricket @bikequeen
    Looks really great.