Tamiya Honda CGR1000RR-R Fireblade

Started by Cricket · 59 · 9 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looks super so far, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

I love this colour scheme, Cricket @bikequeen, how is that bike in the picture managing to stay upright? These all seem to have the same magic trick.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Excellent progress, Cricket @bikequeen
    Yours is definitely on the way to look like the one you are aiming for and I'm sure you will get there.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

@gblair @johnb @fiveten @chinesegeorge. Thanks everyone, I think it looks rather plain right now, not that i matters as it will all be covered up in cowlings. @chinesegeorge My guess is gallons and gallons of CA glue is hold that bike up 🙂

• Profile Photo

It’s funny looking at those pics, the instructions call for all Metallic Black, but I toned down the Met black on the frame with a coat of flat clear and I’m glad I did as it will give some contrast to the cowlings and looking at the pics it appear Honda did that too. I go that trick from the Africa Twin bikes I did

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - Flat over the Metallic Black is a great idea Cricket. Contrast doesn't always have to come from different colors.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

That is a very good idea, Cricket @bikequeen
    It will definitely tone down the black sufficiently.

• Profile Photo

Thanks @brithebuilder Brian and @johnb John, I think it will be good! The cowlings ave left the paint shop and are now in the Cowling farm too dry 🙂

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge Hey George, Whats up with the hole in the oil pan and no part to put in it?

I know it will be hidden but WTF? And the tube from the injectors that goes no where? (Tube number “A”) . Not Ike Tamiya to gloss over details like that…am I missing something?

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi Cricket @bikequeen, I may be wrong but I think the hole you’re referring to may be one of the locating holes for the lower cowling. I’ve just looked at mine and that’s what it looks like. As for tube A, I think it just tucks away out of sight, not the best detailing from Tamiya. Hope this helps.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge Nope not a locator pin….just a blatant omission :/. Thank you though :))

• Profile Photo

@bikequeen - Hopefully it's all covered up in the end. The hole in the oil pan seems like it's there for a reason though... I know I've had to go back and scour the directions for a few missing elements at times. Maybe it's there in some obscure step that wasn't noticeable.

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder Nope, did that several times, and did the same with the parts trees…nothing. But I can probably find something to fit in it…I Dave a lot of parts from other kits that aren't used

• Profile Photo

@bikequeen - If it's covered by the cowling, it doesn't matter too much but I can understand. That's one that would probably haunt me until I started the next project.

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder Yep! Thats me! Prob won’t be seen but still 🙂