Tamiya Honda CGR1000RR-R Fireblade

Started by Cricket · 59 · 9 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - You just have to start the next build right away Cricket.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Just for you, Cricket @bikequeen, I removed the lower cowling, that hole is for the radiator support.

Part D51 step 25 in the instructions. Tip - if you want to remove the cowling it’s best to lower the side stand, or, even remove it altogether, it’s only attached by a screw. Problem solved I hope, please let me know.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

@chinesegeorge Ahhh yes…of course it is! I was going to start that assembly tomorrow and I would have seen that! I remember see it n the instructions now…Thanks George! Hope you didn’t have to damage your model

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Must have been a scary moment to find this hole and no reason for it at first, Cricket @bikequeen
    Glad the reason for it is found now.
    Still weird about the loose tube end.

• Profile Photo

@johnb Wasn’t scary just didn’t seem like Tamiya would omit such a glaring part. Now I feel stupid :). I remember seeing it in the instructions a couple days ago and thinking the Yamaha had on but it was a Top Studio PE part. I painted the radiator last night and had I gone one step further I would have seen it….DUH! 😉

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Hear some updates. I’m liking this build. Got some of the tiny details in. Painted the front fender gloss black, zoom in if you can amazing….those trees in the reflection 🙂

Got the Tamiya Detail-Up fork set worth the price. Looking forward to seeing the cowlings on this. Prob have it finished tomorrow 🙂

11 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Amazing work, Cricket (@bikequeen). Your painting is flawless. What paint did you use for the gloss fender?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looks excellent, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Superb paint result on the fender, Cricket @bikequeen
    It acts as mirror this way.
    Front fork looks great as well.

• Profile Photo

@gblair @fiveten @johnb Thanks everybody! The fender paint is Tamiya Black (gloss) spray can #TS-14. The forks are the Tamiya Detail-up set for this bike which includes a painted spring for the rear damper. Wont be as nice as @chinesegeorge Honda but I’m enjoying it. Got all the bolt heads painted and they are tiny. I miss the 1/6th bikes but the 1/12th are a lot less expensive :). Heat index was 105 yesterday we got called out to a fore and it was a false alarm …thank god as it would have been miserable if it wasnt

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Amazing work @bikequeen, I love the different shades of black, superb and that finish on the fender is sparkling.

• Profile Photo

@bikequeen - It is looking fantastic Cricket. The gloss black is so smooth. All the small details are really looking great as well.

• Profile Photo

My apologies to Tamiya…the mystery hose that goes to nowhere does indeed have a place :). My bad….LOL

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Honda progress today and ready for cowlings! OH BOY 🙂

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@bikequeen - Looks great Cricket. I'm glad you found the connection point and didn't cut the hose short or anything. The build overall looks fantastic!