Tamiya Kawasaki ZX RR

Started by Rory Wilson · 64 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Good day all, a while ago I started a work in progress build in the automotive site. I am not sure how to move it to the motorcycle group, so I will start posting my progress here from now on. Previously I had painted the body work and applied decals. This last weekend I managed to clear coat everything with clear gloss, so here are a few photos of my progress. Happy modeling and thanks for stopping by.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Great to see it here, Rory @rory, the gloss finish looks very good, looking forward to following more of your progress.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Really great to see your amazing entry continuing through our Group, my friend @rory! Looks wonderful so far!

Regarding your already made progress which is documented to the Automotive Group, please allow me to just paste your thread link:

https://imodeler.com/groups/work-in-progress-automotive/forum/topic/kawasaki-zx-rr/

So your past progress can be easily viewed.

Looking forward to your superb build!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Clear coat looks pretty, Rory @rory
    Nice to see you continue it in this group.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your kind comments George Spiros and John. Much appreciated. Thanks for moving the previous thread Spiros. Progress and postings may be a bit slow as I don't have much time for modeling at the moment. Work is hectic and I am tired when I get home.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Neither worries nor time frames, my friend @rory! Build whenever you feel! Keep it fun!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Build whenever you like and have time, Rory @rory
    It is not a contest to have a model finished within a certain timeframe.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros and John for your sage words. I also like to work on something consistently otherwise I tend to lose interest. I have a number of RC planes that are three quarters complete as well as a couple of bikes under restoration, so maybe too many things on the go as well. Work is also very busy at this time of the year and I am tired. If i get started working on a model in the evning it ids fine and I get stuff done. The problem is getting started!...LOL. That is why I am enjoying I-modeler, because it also gives me a purpose. I am really enjoying the interaction and support on this site, so thank you..

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Hi Rory @rory, I know how you feel, take it easy, and remember the most important thing about hobbies is to enjoy them.

• Profile Photo

You are absolutely right George... thank you.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Gorgeous build! Looking forward to seeing more :). Cricket

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Thanks Cricket, much appreciated!
    A little bit of progress. Now that the clear-coat has had plenty of time to cure, I fitted and skimmed the rear tyre. Also a bit of assembly done on the engine. Now more airbrushing of parts to get going with. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Very nice work on the rear tyre, Rory @rory
    Engine does look equally beautiful.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Way to go, Rory @rory, that engine and clutch assembly looks great.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Looking wonderful, my friend @rory!