Yamaha YZF-R1M

Started by Cricket · 94 · 5 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

@jagmkx @eb801 @eb8011 @eb8012 @eb8013 @eb8014 @eb8015 @eb8016 @eb8017 @eb8018 @eb8010 @eb8011 @eb8012 @eb8013 @eb8014 @eb8015 @eb8016 @eb8017 @eb8018

This is perhaps as close to perfection as I have ever gotten with a model and it is my swan song, after this I just cant see doing anything better, and I am out of some paints and money : )

Some of the decals were a challenge, for some reason only part of them would release, almost like there was something on them but I always careful with them have ruined so many before. I can only think they got CA glue fumes for the spill but they weren’t near it. So i dont know : (. Anyway I eventually got them to release completely by leaving them in the water an inordinate amount of time and then sliding very thin tweezers under the decal and gently moving it along. I really thought they would be ruined. I lost one of the Yamaha badge decal from the tank but found it the next day. After all this I decided to forgo the carbon fiber sheet decals as my nerves were shot 🙂

I’m proud of this build and although I still have some bike kits left, I just can’t see toppings this one….SIGH

These pics are shot before I put the tank and windshield on

I went through the model and added the extra Top Studio bolt heads where ever there was a place to put them. So without further ado, here it, the best model I ever built.

The pics so a lot of dust as I shot them in the sun….and cold! (34 degrees)

Tamiya 1/12th Yamaha YZF-R1M, #14133, 2018 issue. Top Studio Detail up set # TD23219 and Tamiya Detail-Up front fork and rear damper. Front cowlings are not in place as it looks better without them

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone….be safe…..

11 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Wow, Cricket (@bikequeen). This is absolutely one of the best motorcycle models I have ever seen. You should be rightfully proud of it. But you can't stop now. You have to keep building to inspire us non-bikers. I am learning some cool techniques with cool tools during your builds. Perhaps time to move on the public service vehicle category? The stuff to build mine is in the mail.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Absolute a build to be proud of, Cricket @bikequeen
    Definitely one of your best bikes.
    And as always, your work in progress thread was a pleasure to follow.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Turned out beautifully, Cricket @bikequeen, I’m sure there will be more bikes in the new year.

• Profile Photo
    Dion Dunn said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Fantastic realism. Love these bike builds that you are pumping out!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Fantastic result, my friend @bikequeen!
    Congratulations!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

I do believe you have achieved perfection with this bike. Absolutely outstanding @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - Wow Cricket! Absolutely fantastic build and proves once again, the name Bike Queen is quite appropriate!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

@gblair @johnb @dion-dunn @fiveten @chinesegeorge @eb801 @brithebuilder

Thanks everyone, I just figure everybody needed a break from my rapid fire bike builds :). I’m running outa money and paint LOL

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

I completely understand, Cricket (@bikequeen). We collect a massive amount of paint, glues, tools, and so on, but we don't realize how much we have spent because we buy the stuff a little at a time. Maybe you need to work on your hearse? I have an EMS SUV that I am planning to do after my current build. I also want to do a brush truck converted from a WW2 truck. A lot of fire departments got war surplus equipment after WW2 and converted them into fire trucks, brush trucks, tankers, and so on.

• Profile Photo

@gblair LOL…I was gunna do a “Go Fund Me” account ;). Out dept actually has 2 military vehicles we have converted one is out brush truck, another is a huge tanker 6000 gallons. I will try and find pics if both

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Breaks of every kind are essential, my friend @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Thanks, Cricket (@bikequeen). I would appreciate some pics of the brush truck. I know brush trucks can be basically different from each other, but I think I know the major equipment I want to include on mine: water tank, hoses and hose reel, pump, controls, and misc equipment like ladder, axe, and so on. I plan to 3D print a lot of the equipment on the truck. What I don't know is how the pumps, water tanks, hoses, and other equipment all connect. My truck will be basically hypothetical, but it needs to look believable.

• Profile Photo

@gblair here is the brush truck, yeah thats me, (not one of my more glamorous situations :))the other is our tanker nut I can’t find the side view pic, it was a jet fuel truck for the Air Force 🙂

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten yeah this break is important as it’s the holidays and there is a ton of stuff happening and it’s not my favorite time of year