Yamaha ZYR-M1 2009 Version, with Top Studio parts

Started by Cricket · 115 · 9 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 10 months ago:

@brithebuilder thanks Brian! O2 sensors the things on the exhaust pipes? I wondered what those were….there are sensors all over this thing!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months ago:

Looking really great, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months ago:

Looking excellent, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 10 months ago:

@bikequeen - Yep, they look almost like spark plugs sticking out of the exhaust pipes. They send info about the O2 in the exhaust back to the ECU to optimize the air-fuel mix. (I just had to look that up, I don't know squat about engines) I had to look up what an ECU is too... Engine Control Unit

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months ago:

It looks amazing, Cricket @bikequeen, but, strangely, it’s still the tyres that catch my eyes first, I didn’t realise I had a thing about rubber before.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 10 months ago:

Holy Moly, Cricket @bikequeen - it's looking amazing, another fantastic bike you putting together.

• Profile Photo

@rory @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Yamaha is done, as done as I can make it anyway. Super nice kit, the Top Studio stuff was phenomenal! More parts with it than the actual kit. Used almost a whole bottle of CA glue (I hate CA glue) 🙂 most of it went on me.

It’s a little sloppy and I prob could have added more wiring to it, i had planned it out better there is a lot of stuff I would have done differently. I reasonably happy with it.

Here are the pics and a pic of the cowlings and some of the tools used to build it. If your not ambidextrous you will be by the time you build this kit 🙂

I enjoyed the build but happy it’s done. I will put the cowlings on it tomorrow and shoot more pics.

Note the hose clamps 🙂

will send more on that tomorrow as well

10 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@rory @fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

The hose clamps, probably the most challenging parts on this kit 🙂

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Well done for getting this far, Cricket @bikequeen, looking forward to seeing the photos with the cowlings.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 10 months ago:

I think this is one of your best, Cricket (@bikequeen). Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months ago:

Definitely one of your best, my friend @bikequeen! What an awesome result! Looking forward to the rest of the pics!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months ago:

Agreeing with the other, definitely one of your best results, Cricket @bikequeen
    Those hose clamps do seem very challenging indeed, but the result is perfect.
    Looking forward to the photoshoot.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 10 months ago:

Really amazing work Cricket @bikequeen, absolutely beautiful, those hose clamps may have been a pain but man, they give it an extra level of realism. Well done.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

Thanks everyone! There’s a lot more I could done but the tiny resin connectors were rather brittle and when I tried to drill out the hole some broke or they broke off completely as I worked on it. CA glue became almost impossible to work with and the kicker was the Top Studio instructions showed where to out the wiring but no how long to make them some some were to short 🙁

But all in all it was a good build

• Profile Photo

The most important thing, Cricket @bikequeen, is that, despite the frustrations, you enjoyed it.