Yamaha ZYR-M1 2009 Version, with Top Studio parts

Started by Cricket · 115 · 9 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Though there's no perfect model, your result oozes excellence, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen

Thanks guys, Excuse the dust it’s impossible to get dust free here 🙂

I did some touch up before I put them on and did some detailing ti the engine cant see it but made me happy 🙂

Cowlings dont fit perfectly unless I glue them and I dont want to do that. They are all held on with 4 screws, 2 on each side

Tried different lighting way to much glare off the clear plastic and front delis messed up.

Now which bike is next :). Should be able to knock one out in a couple hours after this 😉

I got the transfers for the tires, ruined the rear one and for the life of me I cant figure out what I’m doing wrong with them ….the are the reverse that are rubbed o the rubber but I cant get them to work…any ideas?

Here’s the pics

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Test

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder

This is me after building this kit 🙂

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Both look pretty good, Cricket (@bikequeen).

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Superb looks on both of them, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

It looks good, Cricket @bikequeen. Regards the tyre transfers I just follow Tamiya’s instructions. I always wipe the surface of the tyre with a damp tissue first, then peel them off the backing sheet using tweezers, and place them in position on the tyre wall. Press them down firmly with your fingertips once they’re in place. Then I apply plenty of water with a paintbrush and wait for a minute or so. Usually you can use the same paintbrush to then remove the paper skin, dry up the excess water with a tissue, and leave them to set up. Remember, you can’t adjust the position like you can with normal water slide transfers, you’ve got to get it right before applying any water. Hope this helps, happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

An amazing result, Cricket @bikequeen
    Rossi would definitely be proud when seeing this bike.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 9 months, 1 week ago:

Excellent Cricket @bikequeen, what a beautiful finish - amazing work on it.
    The result came out amazing.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 9 months, 1 week ago:

@bikequeen - Absolutely fantastic Cricket! I've been getting notifications on my phone about your posts, but my son and I I were in Arizona visiting my Dad so I apologize for not being able to reply sooner. This build turned out exceptionally well. I really love the hose clamps. The Top Studio stuff adds such an amazing level of detail. Truly impressive skill and patience!