Memorial Day tribute to a fallen family member. Monogram 1/48 B-25 J ”Stuff”

Started by Louis Gardner · 98 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 4 years, 11 months ago:

It's looking REAL good, Louis. @lgardner I'm with Paul, in that I think your color renditions are terrific! You've done VERY well matching colors as closely as possible.

Well done, Brother CDAT!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 4 years, 11 months ago:

That last bare metal foil work is 'next level', Louis. I really love how you are referencing this with actual photos. The shot of you in the 'driving seat' is fantastic. Keep it coming, my friend - it has got everything!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 11 months ago:

Jeff ! @mikegolf
    My fellow brother CDAT... thanks for checking in... I appreciate the comments.

• Profile Photo

Hello Paul, @yellow10

I'm trying to keep it interesting... Glad you enjoyed the picture of me sitting in the drivers seat... The B-24 doesn't have a whole lot of room in the front. Especially trying to crawl through to the nose turret. It's a tight fit, and I don't see how they could have worn a parachute in that place.

I have been using photos that I took of the real planes as a reference. I have been very fortunate to have had access to these real life one to one scale birds... I'm going to be working on this one over the next few days, so please stay tuned for another installment...

Thanks !

• Profile Photo

Yesterday the Quickboost engines for the B-24 "Dragon and His Tail" arrived...

What a night and day improvement it makes ! Original kit engine on the left, QB resin on the right ...

Here are a few close up pictures showing the details. This will look even better with some wires and push rod tubes installed...

and the best part is there are no holes in the engines ... πŸ™‚

Maybe with a little work and some luck they will look more like the real ones. I took these photos of the engines in "Witchcraft".

I also have two rivet scribing roller tools on the way. I have a .55

and a .75 roller coming in soon.

I'll need them to restore some of the lost panel lines soon. I'm calling them an early Christmas present ... Just so happens I have a 1/32 Revell of Germany P-51D that could use a little rivet work done on the flaps... Hmmmm. πŸ™‚

Calling it a night,

as usual "comments are encouraged".

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 4 years, 11 months ago:

Happy Christmas, Louis!

On another note, the engines in the photos are immaculate!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks Paul !

Last night I finally made a little more progress on the B-25 engines. Here's a photo showing them now.

Hopefully I can get some more work done on it again soon...

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 4 years, 10 months ago:

Excellent! Lookin' great, Brother Tanker.

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 4 years, 10 months ago:

Louis,
    Not sure I’ve Commented on this WIP before, but this B-25 is looking really good. I enjoy all your builds.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 4 years, 10 months ago:

First time to comment here, What a fine tribute, and fantastic build !

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 4 years, 10 months ago:

Ah, Rosie the riveter...

Be still, my beating heart...

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks gentlemen for the kind words. It's been a while since I have done anything with this one...

But today that all changed.

I had been dreading the seam work. But it has to be done. So I tackled the underside first.

I added the nose. The fit was rather poor, but after I worked on it for a while, I got it to fit OK.

The seams on the newly added nose section will need some more work here. I'm happy with how the wood floor looks.

I also added the horizontal stabilizer... It too will need some work on the seams where it joins the fuselage.

It's starting to resemble a B-25...

"almost". πŸ™‚

As always, comments are encouraged.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 4 years, 8 months ago:

Beautiful work, as usual ,Louis!

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 4 years, 8 months ago:

You are definitely on top of your game with this one Bro!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 4 years, 8 months ago:

Coming along nicely Louis.