Horse Drawn Hearse

Started by Cricket · 113 · 4 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Here is my next project after I finish my Yamaha 🙂

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

These wood kits are a real challenge, Cricket (@bikequeen), but they look really nice when done. Looking forward to following along.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Fantastic entry, my friend @bikequeen! Eagerly waiting to see thase wood parts getting into shape!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Oh my, that is clearly something different, Cricket @bikequeen
    Looks like a challenging kit to me.
    Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo

@gblair @johnb @fivten. I looked trough the instructions last night and this is an awesome kit, however its not going to be a kitchen table kit as there is a LOT of sanding and staining. And the garage will be way to cold to work in so maybe a spring time kit 🙂 LOL

• Profile Photo

@gblair @johnb @fivten. I looked trough the instructions last night and this is an awesome kit, however its not going to be a kitchen table kit as there is a LOT of sanding and staining. And the garage will be way to cold to work in so maybe a spring time kit 🙂 LOL

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Sorry your kit has to wait, Cricket (@bikequeen). I am sure you will find another to do in the meantime. I am getting my stuff together to start on my entry for the group.

• Profile Photo

@gblair good deal George I’m looking forward to it. I did the fire truck shown in the banner 3 years ago and gave it to my boss at the time…it’s nice but no show quality

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Interesting subject , @bikequeen !
    I built a covered wagon out of wood a couple years ago from an old kit . My youngest daughter is interested in the “Old West” of the 1800s and asked me to help her build it. It was a fun project

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@ssgt thats really neat Jay, I had or maybe still have 1 or 2 of those vintage kits….great your daughter is building 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 5 months ago:

@gblair @fiveten @ssgt @johnb @jdtruby I took some photos of the kit it’s really nice! 5 sheets of full size ad 35 page full color book of instructions and now that I have looked at the parts it wont be terrible a difficult build at all just have to get some stain. Then I need to figure out if. I should stain the pieces before assembly or after. If I do it after the glued wont satin….i don’t think anyway

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months ago:

Looking awesome, though, definitely not a walk in the park, my friend @bikequeen.
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John Truby said 5 months ago:

I think it would be better to stain all of your pieces first. Good luck with the build.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months ago:

This should be fun, Cricket (@bikequeen). I built a couple of wagons of different types when I was a kid, but this one is a lot more comprehensive (complicated) than those were. This should be a lot fun watching it come together. Maybe you can build your hearse-cycle to go along with it.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 5 months ago:

This build will be an interesting experience, Cricket @bikequeen, looking forward to it.