Scramble! ROCAF F-16A and Female Pilot 1/48

Started by · 21 · 11 months ago · F-16A, Female Pilot, Hobby Fan, Jet Grrl, Kinetic Gold, ROCAF, Taiwan, Viper
  • Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 11 months ago:

This will look fantastic , Anna-Elizabeth @tankgrrl. I’ve never built a kinetic kit before, but hear they are great . The LHS has the Kinetic F-104 I’ve been tempted to buy. I’m interested to see your F-16 project progress .

• Profile Photo
    said 11 months ago:

Thanks, Jay @ssgt

The older Kinetic kits have some issues, Kinetic Gold are a leap forwards and I've heard the Gold F-104s are superb. I want a USAF F-104A/C and a JASDF F-104J.

This Gold F-16A MLU is more refined than the older Kinetic F-16s, and in some ways it seems better than the Tamiya F-16Cs, which I have a number of.

• Profile Photo

Years ago, I worked on Air Guard F-16s, and have some decals for some of those … I’ve been waiting to find just the right F-16 kit at the right price to use them on ( not too expensive , not too simple nor too complex).

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    said 11 months ago:

I like that scheme!

Kinetic Gold F-16s are $40USD + USPS Priority shipping at LuckyModel - https://www.luckymodel.com - USA warehouse. If you look, make sure the kit/s are "In Stock" at "United States" and "Local UPS.com(4-7 Days)" in the dropdown menus. What LuckyModel calls "Local UPS" ended up being USPS Priority for me.

• Profile Photo

Thanks , @tankgrrl, I’ll check out the website . At the LHS the Kinetic F-104 is $80. $40 for the F-16 sounds more inviting.

• Profile Photo
    said 11 months ago:

LuckyModel has the Kinetic Gold F-104s @$40USD as well. And I know what you mean, I was seeing the MLU around $70-75 + shipping, which to me is high for a 1/48 Viper. At $40 it was "that's mine!".