Revell 1/32 RAF Tornado GR.1 ”Mig Eater”

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 13 · 5 months ago · 1/32, Desert Storm, Revell, Stalled1, Tornado
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi everyone!

This is a a project entered to our friend's @uscusn 30th Anniversary Desert Shield/Desert Storm informal Group Build, but somehow stalled in the way.

Here is the build thread so far...

https://imodeler.com/groups/30th-anniversary-desert-shield-desert-storm-informal-group-build/forum/topic/revell-1-32-raf-tornado-gr-1-mig-eater-tabuk-1991/

...and here she is today, awaiting her attention...

Hopefully more to come soon!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Great to see the Tornado back on the bench, Spiros @fiveten
    Looking forward to see her moving on.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Thanks my friend @johnb! After the Grief, she will follow.

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

It looks great ! Is that blue interior unique to the Tornado?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Thanks my friend @ssgt! Cannot say if this shade is dedicated to the Tornado, I basically followed instructions, but will have a look at.

• Profile Photo

I’m just used to seeing gray or green used in cockpits, but I often build models of old US or German aircraft , not too many modern ones.

• Profile Photo
    Chris Ballard said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Bugger me...its 32 years ago now...😳
    I remember going through the breech, during a thunderstorm with MLRS firing. The lightning and the submunitions impact lit the clouds and the rocket trails. Bloody spooky and we were in full NBC kit. Honestly didn't expect to come home but thanks to Air and Aviation the opposition was fairly well compromised.

Another wake up call was waiting to move up (I was with AAC (so Avn) forward re broadcast so between the front and the squadrons of Lynx and Gazelle). At night we happened to be on a start line of sorts, so we could hear constant air activity, but the switched their nav and anti col (visible) back on over us. Hundreds of lights blinking on out of nowhere. The common comment (along with the constant surreal reverberating rumble) was..."some poor bastard is having a bad night".

Nice one Spiros of probably one of the last jets with any real character. I have an old 1:48 Airfix tonka that was given to me that is a real pig, re engrave job etc, so it can wait. Looking at this one with interest. Nice one matey.👍

• Profile Photo

It's more gray in reality, my friend @ssgt, blame it on my lighting and my phone's auto exposure ☺️
    Here's how the shade looks like in reality, a gray one indeed...

And, yes, you are absolutely right about the shade to be expected in such a cockpit.

• Profile Photo

Amazing stories, my friend @chrisballard! I am sure you have many more to tell! I was a 2nd Lieutenant at the time, a newcomer to my base, when the Gulf War broke out. We were thinking of you guys over there fighting, definitely not having the easiest of times.

• Profile Photo

That gray looks like what I would have guessed. Blue is nice too though , @spiros. I wonder if the Russians still use that Turquoise looking blueish -greenish color on their most modern jets

• Profile Photo

To my understanding they don't, my friend @ssgt. I mostly see shades of light blue gray in the modern Russian cockpits, gone is the lovely Turqoise.

• Profile Photo
    Chris Ballard said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

It could have been worse chap.

• Profile Photo

It definitely could, my friend @chrisballard.