1/48 scale ICM Ki-21 "Sally"

Started by Louis Gardner · 143 · 2 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 months ago:

super work @lgardner!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 4 months ago:

Everything came together Louis. The perfect storm to make for a great build. A great adventure and blog. Sometimes Every thing clicks together. Looking forward to your next build.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months ago:

A truly wonderful result, my friend @lgardner! A pure joy to follow your build thread! Congratulations, my friend! Looking forward to see her at the headlines!

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 4 months ago:

Louis, @lgardner, I just stumbled upon this build thread and have to say you have done a great job. I like the scheme you chose and I think you executed it well. From your build it looks like this is a well engineered and very good fitting kit. This gives me hope for the up coming B-26 Marauder that they are releasing.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 months ago:

@lgardner
    Splendid work Louis! A solid build and tutorial round this new kit.
    I stumbled upon Dead Design kabuki masks sets for both the greenhouse and for the inbox markings. Their price combined is around a quarter of the kit price tag! Hefty huh?
    Thanks for this great thread, looking forward to see your model in the headlines soon

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

John vd Biggelaar (@johnb)
    George R Blair Jr (@gblair)
    Tom Cleaver (@tcinla)
    Stephen W Towle (@stephen-w-towle)
    Spiros Pendedekas (@fiveten)
    Walt (@luftwaffe-birdman)
    Pedro L. Rocha (@holzhamer)

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I do sincerely appreciate them.

The "Sally" has been posted in the headlines section. It took me a while to get some decent pictures taken of the model. I finally had enough spare time to where I could post the article.

This model was an absolute joy to build. Other than a few self imposed problems, it was a trouble free adventure.

1/48 ICM 48195 Ki-21 Ib "Sally" Japanese Heavy Bomber with 60th Sentai markings.
    Here is a link to the article. Thanks again for the continued support.
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

The headline article is as impressive as the build, Louis @lgardner
    Thanks a lot for sharing all the progress made and the research done to get this achieved.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looks awesome at the headlines, my friend @lgardner!