1/72 Hasegawa Ki 67 Type 4 Peggy

Started by Mike Licari · 24 · 3 years ago · 1/72, Hasegawa, Peggy
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Lovely looking Peggy, Mike. Coming together.
    All the best!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Hurts my heart to say you "abandoned a couple hundred models..."! I looked through the EOJ thread trying to find some other 1/72 projects (my only scale). I have this same kit, and will definitely invest in the canopy masks! Coming along nicely - keep it up.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Your "Peggy" is looking good Mike ! I can't imagine having to abandon that many kits. It had to be very hard to do...I sold and / or gave away all of my 1/72 scale stuff about 10 years ago. My eyes are not good enough even with glasses for doing the small intricate work in this scale anymore. Now I stick to the larger stuff for obvious reasons. I'll be looking forward to seeing your next installment...

• Profile Photo
    Mike Licari said 3 years, 10 months ago:

It's finished! A big push this week once the paint was on last weekend. A lot of final details on this plane meant things were a bit slower than for the Nell that I built for this group earlier.

To get the "brown/green" color, I used Vallejo Model AIr "Hemp" over Model Master Acryl "Light Sea Gray" on the underside. Mission Models "Propeller Color" for the props.

Reading reviews of others who've built it, I was nervous for fit of the clear nose part to the fuselage (others have had to add plastic sheet and putty to blend in a huge step on the join in front of the canopy). Luckily, there were just some thin gaps that needed a swipe of filler, and no sanding.

Hope you like it!
    Mike

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years, 10 months ago:

That looks fantastic, Mike. Quite a dramatic sudden leap to the finish line! It is good to hear how you dealt with potential fit issues, especially around clear parts. I have one of these in my stash and feel nearly ready to take it on. The Peggy has really nice shape. Too bad it hasn't been done in 48th yet. Even so, your work, make it look as good and finely detailed in 1/72.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 10 months ago:

What a fantastic result, Mike @mlicari!
    Colin @coling said everything above, myself totally agreed.
    All is left to say is: Congratulations, my friend!

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys! I agree, Colin, about the lack of variety in 1/48, which is why the vast majority of my stash and of what I build is 1/72. Less detail, certainly, but I can't find the planes I want in any other scale.

Mike

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 10 months ago:

You could grow tomatoes in this thing! What a fantastic greenhouse! All that masking really paid off, the result being great - well done!

• Profile Photo

Haha! Thanks Erik!