Minicraft/Hasegawa 1/48 Mitsubishi Zero Type 52a

Started by Jordyn Collier · 20 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Here is the start of my newest entry!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I would like to thank Jay Mitchell for this one. He was clearing out his stash, and was kind enough to send a few of his unneeded kits my way. I’m very excited to start this kit! Here is the parts:

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Wow, Jordyn @1corsair64 , what an entrance!
    This is such a neat and sweet kit, that will produce a great Zero!
    It's so nice of Jay that he handed all those kit sweeties to you, so you can bring them on!
    This is such a wonderful choice, and I will not hide my soft spot on older, classic kits.
    Waiting for your next steps!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Spiros! And yes, it was very nice of him. It got lost in translation for about three and a half weeks. But they arrived safely! And having begun work on the build, I can agree. It’s a good kit. Everything is fitting well in the cockpit and test fit of the fuselage. Almost ready to glue the halves together, so here’s what I did with the cockpit. Not the best lighting. One of my lights died.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Nice progress, Jordyn!
    Everything flows well!

• Profile Photo

Fuselage halves glued! There is a seem to take care of now. Anyway, I have to go to school now. See you on the next update.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Welcome aboard Jordyn to our Empire of Japan group build. I like what I see here, so keep up the good work. You have picked a great subject and that was very nice of Jay to send you this kit. Stay safe my friend.

• Profile Photo

Nice fuselage taking shape, Jordyn!

• Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Anyone got anything on Kamikaze Zero pictures? I know they had squadrons with the Type 52, like in this picture here, but I was wondering if anyone had more pictures of general Kamikaze zeros? I haven’t decided that I wanted to do that yet, but I’m considering it. Thanks!

• Profile Photo

Anyway, some more done on the fuselage. Filled and sanded, ready for the wings and gear! Steady progress here. The raised panels aren’t as pronounced as on the Shinden, so I’ll leave them be. The cockpit glass was actually really nice here as well. I’ve got the pilot in there, just because I could. Anyway, that’s tonight for the Zero. Thanks!

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

That's a nice progress, Jordyn @1corsair64! Ready for the wings!
    As for the Kamikaze pics, try this link:
    https://gr.pinterest.com/chrisayotte30/zero-mitsubishi-a6m-kamikaze/
    It's Pinterest, so you may have to creat an account there, if you don't have one, which is very easy!
    They have great pics in there, drawing included!

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 3 years, 4 months ago:

That’s coming along nicely , Jordyn ! Good job.

• Profile Photo

This one is also up on its wheels. Not as shaky as it’s sister, my Shinden, so that’s a plus! Pretty nice and simple construction here. Gonna be built OOB, since I sort of want to preserve at least one of the classic Hasegawa planes I’m building in its original condition. No rescribing here! Although it may get a coat of that primer. Not sure. I don’t normally do that with anything since I’ve never had it, but I’d like to, since I’ve seen/heard it’s great stuff.

Thanks for the recommendation of Pinterest, Spiros! Unfortunately, my account is locked at the moment, and I cannot access it. I’ll try to type it into google images though. Maybe there will be something to pop up.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Wow, you have your Zero standing on its feet, Jordyn @1corsair64!
    Looking great!
    Primer usually helps; let it dry thoroughly befor applying the color.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

And another one landed on its feet 🙂