Kinetic 1/48 FMA IA-58A Pucará - Finished!

Started by Eric Berg · 143 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 2 months ago:

@airbum- in terms of mm thickness, what do you consider "medium"?

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Looks great, Eric. I will save some superlatives for the headlines section but let me just say it has been a pleasure following this build. Your care and patience with the fine details and overall finish really shine through in the final result. I love the look of the camo and the intricacy of the turboprops (little models in themselves). I will have to join the crowd you and Tom inspired and build one of these Kinetic Pucaras one day. Thanks for sharing.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 2 months ago:

This is another addition to your amazing builds, Eric @eb801
    A beautiful aircraft with a awesome scheme.
    It definitely deserves to be presented on the headlines.
    Looking forward to that.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Well done, my friend @eb801! This is a spectacular result, a build characterized of quality and attention to detail at every step.
    This is one stunning Pucara!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Sorry if I confused my self Eric. Uschi van der Rosten has 3 thicknesses, namely "Standard", "Fine" and "Superfine" it is the "Fine" that I consider their medium. On their website they do not state thicknesses, but they do say that the "fine" is for antenna-wire in 1/48. It is that one I usually use for antennas in 1/48 too. Hope that helps @eb801?

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 2 months ago:

@airbum - That's ok. Fine is what I used and after I looked at my photos now post on headlines, it looks fine and is just right after all. But I do think for a plane this size I would like to troy "Standard". I like this thread way better than E-Z Line don't you?

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Eric, @eb801
    This one looks wonderful. I have enjoyed the build journal and now it has been completed and posted in the headlines section I will definitely stop by and leave a nice comment about it. I have not made any comments during the construction, but I have been lurking around watching your progress. You have done a magnificent job with it.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Gee, Louis @lgardner. I just found your Pucará comments from many months ago. A belated thanks! . It’s a great kit.