Kinetic 1/48 FMA IA-58A Pucará - Finished!

Started by Eric Berg · 143 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 2 months ago:

It’s turning into something special Eric. That’s one beautiful model

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 2 months ago:

I agree with @holzhamer, @eb801. A splendid model, a special one!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 2 months ago:

That is some serious load you put underneath your Pucara, Eric @eb801
    Fully agree on the above gentlemens remarks, an amazing result already.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Loaded and Ready

Well...almost. All the wing weapons have now been attached and I hooked up the rear underside antenna. This is my first time adding extensive wing armament. It's more complicated than I thought because the racks are not specifically designed for this kit requiring a lot of guess work and fidgeting. I recommend assembling everything on the center rack prior to mounting it on the fuselage. I learned this the hard way after trying to attach the bombs to the already installed in place center rack. I ended up removing it and starting all over again. Now I can move on to the topside and head off towards the finish line. Stay tuned.

• Profile Photo

Wow, this is a gorgeous/mean looking heavily armed Pucara! Looking absolutely superb, my friend @eb801!

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Dude. That looks fantastic! Already. I'm looking forward to the finish pics, they will be "sumthin' else"! 🙂

• Profile Photo

Amazing to see how much armament was loaded below these propellor driven Pucarás, Eric @eb801
    Just a few steps away from the finish line.

• Profile Photo

Thanks @fiveten, @garybrantley and @johnb - thanks for the encouragement. Yes, these Pucarás could carry quite a load considering they were real hot rods. I can't believe I bought this kit exactly one year ago and still haven't finished it. Of course last year we had a family health crisis and I had to stop for about 5 months. All good in 2022.

Yes - I can see the finish line now.

• Profile Photo

Final Coundown

@johnb, @fiveten: Yep. The seats are in and the canopy installed with wiper blades on the windscreen.
    I ran antenna wire top and bottom. The first time around I hooked up E-Z Line to the bottom antenna poles but decided it looked too thick and out of scale. I switched to Uschi .03mm Fine thread and painted it tire black but it now it looks just under scale now. Maybe I should just leave it alone as is. What do you guys think?

All that's left to do know is attach the props and do a bit of clean up and I'll be done at last. I'm not going to rough it up as I like the clean look on these Pucará colors.

• Profile Photo

Great steps, Eric @eb801
    To me the antenna wire looks perfect.

• Profile Photo

Absolutely gorgeous result, my friend @eb801!
    I kept on looking at in flight but also on the groubd net pics of Pucaras and I can positively state that your antenna wire looks spot on!

• Profile Photo

Finished At Last!
    I agree Spiros @fiveten and John @johnb and left the antenna as is.

Ok everybody, @coling, @tcinla, @garybrantley, @airbum, @lgardner and @holzhamer , my contribution to the Falklands group build is finally completed. It only took me 11 months with a five month intermission in between. A great kit as TC noted in his best kits of 2021 posting and highly recommended. The only aftermarket stuff I used were the Reskit wheels and the great Pucará decal sheet from Two Bobs. I'll be taking some photos and posting them in the headlines next week. Thanks for following along and watching my lengthy progress of this build. Thoroughly enjoyable.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 2 months ago:

@eb801 - that is a really nice result. I like it a lot.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 2 months ago:

WOW - looking great @eb801! The antenna may be a bit on the thin side as you mention. I believe UvdR has three thicknesses, and I only have the two thin ones, and usually I am quite happy with the medium size. Not a big deal though - this one is simply stunning! Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 2 months ago:

A real stunner Eric! This kit really seems to shine in most builds I’ve seen online, and I can easily say yours is amongst the best of them