Revell (Matchbox) 1/72 Handley Page VICTOR K Mk 2

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 87 · 3 years ago · 1/72, Handley Page, Matchbox, Revell, The Falklands War, Victor
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks, my friend @coling!

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 years, 1 month ago:

I have this kit as well in fact 2 of them. One in the Matchbox boxing and the Revell boxing. One of them has the complete Highflight update resin and PE set which is quite extensive to enhance the kit. Lot of work and one that would take me over a year to build it. So I am going to sit next to Erik strap in and enjoy the ride.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @uscusn!
    Glad to fly with you, too!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years, 1 month ago:

I’ll be following along as well.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Now, why should it fit when you have a big jar of LqS my friend 🙂

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @eb801!

Update

After stuffing some weight in the nose section the fuselage halves were joined.

As expected, fit was challenging, but manageable:

the main wheel well tops had some humungus pour stubs on them. I removed them and attached two pieces of stretched sprue, to add some interest:

Then the inner wing halves were joined:

Of course, fit ws challenging and finlet looks not that sporty. I "dressed" them with liquefied styrene, hoping to file them smooth (or smoother) upon curing:

I removed the ram p[rops fitted in front of the wing drogues (i believe they are generators of some stuff, going to do some research tonight ... :-).

I then performed some initial excess styrene shaving at some parts:

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers FWGB!

• Profile Photo

Those are indeed some humongous stubs there. Biggest I've ever seen.
    Good thing you are a gifted surgeon.

• Profile Photo

At first I thought they were some kind of hydraulic reservoirs or so, my friend @eb801! 🙂

• Profile Photo

Basic elements shaved and ready for the sand shop!

This kit is not for the faint of heart, and also for those who cannot use a bastard file...
    Cheers!

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 3 years, 1 month ago:

That distinctive crescent wing adds to the allure of the Victor. White coloured correction fluid can also be used to fill gaps in the intake. Once cured it can be wet sanded to a smooth finish. It looks great my friend. I know you will create a STUNNING Victor!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Looking good, Spiros.

• Profile Photo

Looks like a Victor now!
    Is there anything for the wings to attach to at the fuselage? Looks like they could use a little support.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends @mornem, @j-healy and @eb801!

Morne, correcting fluid sounds a great idea!

Eric, the wing/fuselage attachment is very well appointed, I have to admit. Here it is:

Also the inner/outer wing joint is not bad either:

Yep, matchbox rarely (if ever) offered weak designed joints at their kits.

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

I see what you mean. That is a decent wing joint. Along with a good helping of CA glue right?

• Profile Photo

Well, my friend @eb801, I will smear liquefied styrene allover the contact area, attach and then apply super thin styrene glue with a fine brush, using capillary action, to flood the joint. Upon pressing, the excess liquefied styrene will ooze out of the joint, acting as a filler, so less filling to be done!