1/48 Kitty Hawk F2H-2P Banshee with Rieth Creations correction set.

Started by John Healy · 49 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John Healy said 4 years, 11 months ago:

I sprayed some primer on the plane today. Seams and resin joins all look good. Time to start final assembly and get the blue paint out. I probably won’t post anymore here since the point was to show the Rieth set being incorporated into the model. I hope to have a shiny Banshee for you by the end of the month.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Michael E Rieth said 4 years, 11 months ago:

You did a fine job. Good show. Looks like you integrated the resin correction set into the KH kit seamlessly. I would like to hear your feedback with the set, here, or in an email.

Looking forward to the finished Banshee in the Headlines soon.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 4 years, 11 months ago:

Thank you for creating and marketing the correction set, Michael. It was really well molded and installed pretty easily following your blog instructions. This enabled me to build one of my favorite planes. I just couldn’t build the kit with those ridiculous bloated intakes. Both bumps in the road that I encountered were of my own making. I use CA mostly as a filler, not an adhesive for such large parts. I learned a lot in that area with this project. I also wasn’t paying attention and glued the engines in early, necessitating some repairs. I was really impressed with the quality of the resin you use. It’s strong, sands well, flexes, and isn’t brittle. This set is a skill builder for modelers and is well within the capabilities of any if us who haunt these websites and blogs. Most importantly, it was fun. I wholeheartedly endorse this set.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 11 months ago:

Magnificent work John ! This looks to be an excellent fix for the KH kit. I'll be watching for it in the headlines section... well done my friend. Kudos go out to Michael Rieth too ! For producing such a wonderful resin set.