1/48 Tamiya F-4B Phantom

Started by Darren Dickerson · 11 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Darren Dickerson said 2 years, 9 months ago:

It arrived and as I just about finished the 262, decided to crack it open and go for it. Only built one Phantom before and that was Matchbox FGR1 in late 70's...

All I can say is that this kit is precise, well detailed and fun to build - everything just fits perfectly.

I have been working on it for the last week and probably spent 3-4 hours in total so far added all the time up. I probably going slower than most as first big jet and there is a lot of parts... Having fun and enjoyment factor is high! Buy one, build it and appreciate another great Tamiya kit.

12 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Looking great so far, @darren-d!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Beautiful interior, Darren.

• Profile Photo

Progress continues at a steady pace, plenty of sub assemblies which all come together when needed...

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Beautiful progress Darren. I'm really tempted to dive into mine once the workbench clears. Curious to see what scheme you select as well.

• Profile Photo
    Rob Anderson said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Looks great, I have one in the "next" pile after the Tomcat I'm about to start! It honestly looks like it needs no aftermarket. Nice going so far!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Quick and nice progress, Darren.
    Looking forward to your paint session.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 9 months ago:

I'm tempted, very very tempted.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Great, solid progress, Darren!

• Profile Photo

Temptation will lead to happiness...it is a great kit!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 9 months ago:

You really can't go wrong with this new kit, Darren (@darren-d). It is really coming along nicely. I like the horizon line on the attitude indicator on the instrument panel being vertical instead of horizontal. This is how they usually look with the power off the plane. Nice touch. Looking forward to the rest of the build.