1/72 Hasegawa P-2H Neptune (P2V-7) of VP-4

Started by David Kopielski · 27 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Really impressive build, David.
    Just saw it on the headlines.
    Thanks for sharing the building progress in this thread as well as on your own website.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Thanks for sharing all this, David!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Thanks for taking me along for the ride, David. The Neptune turned out great.

• Profile Photo
    David Kopielski said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Update - Just letting all know that the Aircraft was packed up with a brass nameplate and shipped to the client. It arrived without any issues. I also recommended to use one of Grandpa's Cabinets Display Cases. The aircraft will be presented to his Father on Father's Day.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Must have been a relief when you got the message that all arrived without any issue.
    She looks great.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Looks great, David!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Great tribute to someone who used to fly. I am getting ready to move to a new house and dreading the packing of all of my models. I don't have the time to pack all of my models as securely as you did for this one, so I am trying to figure out something quick but safe for packing. We are moving 2 hours from our current house, so I figure I can probably drive them to our new house myself rather than trust the movers to do it.

• Profile Photo
    David Kopielski said 2 years, 11 months ago:

George, Yes it is better to move them yourself. I assisted a friend who had a lot of models to move across the state. We used puffy bed covers in the back of an SUV and the trunk of a car. Placed the models on top then drove them there. Out of 66 aircraft models one aircraft lost its nose gear and one had a prop blade broken off.

• Profile Photo
    David Kopielski said 2 years, 10 months ago:

One last update - The client presented it to his Father. Afterwards he left this comment on my blog:

“Thank you so much for all your hard work and effort on this. My father was incredibly surprised and even more excited to receive his plane. He immediately noticed the antenna you added and many of the other details you so expertly crafted into this. We spent the entire weekend talking about his time in the Navy, the squadron, and of course the plane itself. You helped make this a very special Father’s day. “

It was an honor to build this for a fellow veteran and having a Father and son to spend a special weekend together after being apart for a period of time due to pandemic situation.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Well done all round David.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

It is really amazing when your work is an inspiration, like your case here, my friend @davids_models.
    Well done!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Fantastic to see that your work has led to this special Father's day of your client.