1:24 Scratch built South African Air Force Dassault Mirage F1 AZ No. 217

Started by Adrian Starling · 63 · 3 years ago · 1/24, Mirage F1 AZ, scratch built
  • Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Absolutely amazing to see how every part is made from scratch. Masterclass work Adrian!

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Many thanks Morne, as you know there is a lot of input for very little output! I am watching your progress with great interest and really am enjoying it!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Amazing result, indeed, my friend @adrianstarling!
    A brass tubing scratchbuilt 1/24 Mirage F.1 landing gear! Who could have imagined that!
    Indeed the F.1 LG is complicated - and darn beautiful.
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Schmidt said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Very Kooool!

• Profile Photo

Many thanks Spiros, as you know I have a looong and slooow time ahead of me on the legs! Will keep the updates coming...

• Profile Photo

Many thanks Paul

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Adrian, I just noticed that yesterday SpecialHobby announced they will issue a SAAF F1 box this spring, albeit in a somewhat smaller scale (1/72) named South African Commie Kilelrs. It sounds like an interesting story with a SAAF F1 shooting down a MiG!

• Profile Photo

Erik, that is very interesting and thanks you for sharing. I attach a excerpt courtesy from The SAAF AT WAR 1940-1984 (Brouwer/Louw) showing the sequence of events.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Excellent work Adrian.

• Profile Photo

Many thanks Marcus, really appreciate your kind words and thanks for dropping in.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Totally awesome, Adrian (@adrianstarling). Your scratchbuilding continues to amaze.

• Profile Photo

Many thanks George, it is very enjoyable and the nice thing is that we learn something new everyday from our fellow members which makes our hobby so inspiring! Your words are appreciated.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Well - now that Erik has tickled my funny bone with talk of the SH kit in 1/72, I may just have to build another F1! Love all the work with the metal tubing and the gear well detail. Beautiful.

• Profile Photo

Many thanks Greg, appreciate your kind words. Turn temptation in reality! A great machine and would really like to see a 1/72 finished in your masterful hands!

• Profile Photo
    Brian Kirwan said 3 years ago:

WOW !
    I did a 1:48 AZ last year with the ESCI+ ScaleWorx conversion but this is next level.