1/32 Revell Messerschmitt Bf-109 G10 Erla

Started by Tolga ULGUR · 24 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Coming on nicely, Tolga. The Gustav seems a popular choice on this site at present...

• Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Barracudacast oil cooler fairing installed.
    Moving surfaces (ailerons and elevators) are replaced by the corrected parts from Alley cat set due to overdone large disks on the surface.
    And now ready for painting.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Tolga, you may want to reply after you've completed this build and have finished your Hasegawa 109.. It seems that modelers who are concerned about getting a kit "right" will end up buying some resin additions to upgrade their model. In your opinion which of the two kits would you buy as a bases for a start point build? The Revell kit is a lot cheaper and seems to require more up grades while, the Hasegawa kit is a little more expensive. Given the need for corrections real or perceived what kit would you recommend for a starting point for a new build? Or you may like both...

• Profile Photo

Hi Stephen, srry for the late reply.

My opinion is:

My recommendation is Hasegawa 109s.. They are more expensive than Revell, but easy goings and high quality kits. You may also want to modifiy with some upgrade sets like cockpit, propeller or wheels .

In the other hand Revell has some advantages with cheaper price and some excellent details (like wheel wells bay details).

I choosed Revell s Bf 109 in this project because this is the only Erla built G10 in the town. I generally use Hasegawa s 109s on my other projects.

• Profile Photo

Painting & decalling terminated..

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 8 years, 10 months ago:

I decided to use Eduard Brassin undercarriage leg set. This set has metal legs and resin wheel leg covers.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Whells are from Barrracudacast. They are beautiful.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

One of the final steps:
    Belly tank painted to RLM76 . After installation of the decals some weathering affairs applied.
    Spinner is from Barracudacast goodies. Excellent casting. It s painted to RLM70 and white.
    And after installation of the propeller blades it s ready for assembly

• Profile Photo

And a few pictures from finish line...