1/32 Scale Tamiya P-51D

Started by jim bottger · 3 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    jim bottger said 8 years, 4 months ago:

I am planning to build this kit based on this Mustang. As you can see, this particular aircraft has had the vertical stab/rudder converted to that of an "H" model. It also has the "chisel tip", uncuffed Hamilton Standard prop. Unfortunately, none of the Tamiya P-51 kits come with this prop, nor do they come with the "H" model tail section. I have found a couple of companies that make resin parts (Red Roo Models, and Greymatter Figures) that at one time anyway, made the prop I am looking for. I'm still waiting to hear back from them to find out if they still make these props. However, I have no idea how I'm supposed to convert the tail section to match the one on this plane. Any ideas?

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 8 years, 4 months ago:

The old Monogram 1/32 scale F-51D/Phantom Mustang kit has that prop. If the Phantom Mustang is still in there catalogue, you can get it through their parts request link on Revell's (USA) website. As for the "H" tail, I think a descent set of drawings, sheet plastic, and putty should see you through.

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 8 years, 4 months ago:

Hi Jim, I thought Zoukei Mura had the prop in one of their kits, but I might be mistaken.