deleted

Started by deleted · 22 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    deleted said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Hi all, when I left off last week I had got the fuselage painted and filtered, I was also in the process of detailing the Ordnance so we will continue from there.

All that was left to do for the ordnance was add the red area to the seeker head and apply the decals.

[linked image]

Individual etch actuators attached to the missile elevators.

[linked image]

All in all around 5 days’ work to finish these but I think they have come out well and should look the part when attached.

[linked image]

Next up is probably one of the most arduous parts and that is applying the decals, this is the Begemot Stencil sheet for the Mig-25, it contains decals for all Mig-25 variants including the PD.

[linked image]

The ejection seat has some detail around the seat head and I was pleased to find the stencil set covered this option as quite nicely.

[linked image] [linked image]

With that done I started on the fuselage, how the hours passed. 🙂
    The stencil decals will need to be aged to match the weathering of the airframe but that is for the coming week along with the various stains etc.

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

We have chosen to model this Bird on the MiG-25PD Red 49 (No N84008895) that is on display at the Central Armed Forces Museum, Moscow, Russia.

[linked image]

All decals and stencil decals applied, glad that is done, as I said before I will need to age the decals to match the airframe I will add a wash and see what happens but most likely I will take the edge off some of them with a white filter.

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Considering the disruptions this week I managed to get a bit more done than I thought, except for the final weathering and assembly that is her pretty well done.

The next update should be the completed model at some point in week 8.

Thanks for looking.

Danny
    http://www.modelmasteruk.com

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Simply amazing workmanship, sir...I applaud your talent(s).

• Profile Photo

Thanks Craig, we are nearly there.

Danny

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 9 years, 2 months ago:

That is looking seriously impressive mate! Nice missiles as well! That looks like a lot of decals there.

• Profile Photo

it was mate, seemed to take forever, just finishing up, should be complete in a couple days.

thanks for looking

Danny

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Awesome modelling, Danny (as usual)

• Profile Photo
    deleted said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks guys, she is complete and posted on main page.

Danny
    http://www.modelmasteruk.com