1/48 Monogram and Fujimi Me 109 G (completed)

Started by César Espino · 13 · 9 years ago · 109G, Fujimi, Messerschmitt, Monogram
  • Profile Photo
    César Espino said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I'm building Fujimi's and Monogram's 109 G 10, will be my second and third builds after 17 years in the bench, this is the first time i made masking tape seat belts, their huge over scale but for me their ok, i use Tamiya gray primer in the Monogram and is ready for paint. I had problems closing the Fujimi fuselage had to use to much cyanoacrylate, now i will have fun sanding and reinscribing the Fujimi.

I will use Model Master paints in the Monogram and Vallejo in the Fujimi, i'm testing and trying to improve.

You all make incredible models, hope one day i can be as good like you.

Update 04/06/14...
    I'm building Fujimi's 109 wings, the fit to the fuselage looks good with only little seams to fill, also in the wheel wells have to sand some pinholes, if you look the radiators interior theres a huge hole that i don't know how to fill it, hope something comes to mind.

So far so good.

28 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Ralph Clements said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I think you are doing great, Ce'sar - I am impressed wit the detail level of that control panel. My kit I'm working on now has decals for control panels, I thought they'd be better than me trying to paint dials...but only if the decal works...yours look great.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Great pictures showing your progress. Nice work on these 109's. I look forward to seeing the next post. Keep up the good work 🙂

• Profile Photo
    César Espino said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Fujimi's 109 is ready for a coat of Vallejo primer, will spend weekend painting.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Looking good Cesar.

• Profile Photo
    César Espino said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I found the time to start painting the models, i use Playdo to cover the landingear holes and for the fist time i use a permanent marking for preshading, never use this tecnique if you paint with acrylics the paint will not cover the black pait, to solve this i used old trusty Model Master paint with good results.

This models will be ready soon... i hope.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Looks like you are practicing the basics here which is more than half the battle.
    Appears like a very clean build at this point.

• Profile Photo
    César Espino said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Yes Al, i'm repracticing after many years making nothing, only wich more free time to enjoy my hobby.

• Profile Photo
    César Espino said 9 years, 8 months ago:

At last i finished the 109's, learned a few things that i will not do (hope) next time.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 8 months ago:

They look good, Cesar, why not post them in 'headlines', more people will see them that way.

• Profile Photo
    César Espino said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks George!, i don't think that models have the quality to be in the headlines, maybe the next model.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 8 months ago:

These are excellent Cesar, if i'd built them I would post in headlines.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Cesar, your models are fine looking 109's and you should definitely post them on "Headlines". If there are techniques you want to improve on, mention them in your headline article and ask advice. You will get good information, provided in a friendly manner. For instance, you mention having trouble closing the fuselage on the Fujimi kit and has to use to much cyanoacrylate resulting in a lot of sanding and rescribing. Here I are my first 2 rules on ill fitting parts and glue.

First rule, it a seam won't close, find out why. I've never built the Fujimi kit, but I'll guess that the cockpit bulkheads were to wide, etc. Tape everything together, then work along the seam identifying gaps and fixing them. Only when everything goes together easily apply the glue.

Second rule less glue is always better than more, especially when using cyanoacrylates, they dry harder than the plastic. Put the parts together and again moving in sections apply a small drop and let it wick along the seam by capillary action. Keep the parts pressed together till the glue drys. You can always add a little accelerator on difficult joins.

Now go post you lovely '109's over in Headlines and show them off.. 🙂