1/48 Monogram F4D Phantom

Started by Jaime Carreon · 49 · 8 years ago · F4 Phantom, Monogram
  • Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 8 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks, Bernd! It was a bit frustrating masking it all off, but I think it came out ok.

Spent today doing the stenciling on the Phantom. I decided early on not go whole hog with this, so there is only enough on the airplane to make it somewhat believable. The Furball decals are of excellent quality and very thin, which makes for some interesting moments while applying microscopic service stenciling. There are little shark teeth for the gun pod, which was really cool until I discovered that the eyes were printed separately. I now have Excedrin headache number F4...Fortunately, there are two full sets of all those markings.

I'll let everything dry overnight, then shoot the flat coat tomorrow.

• Profile Photo

Some progress on the Phantom...as soon as the glue dries, she'll be on the gear! All of the underwing bang stuff is ready to attach, which will happen after I get the rest of the landing gear doors on. Canopies are painted, decalled and ready to install. Exhaust nozzles went on, but the right one still didn't fit worth a damn, so there will be a small gap to fill and touch up there.

I'll try to have a few photos for the next post...

• Profile Photo

Pics...

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I guess I'd better call this one done!

McDonnell F-4D Phantom, Monogram 1/48 scale