1/72 Phantom double build!

Started by Magnus Fridsell · 27 · 10 years ago · Phantom
  • Profile Photo
    said 10 years, 11 months ago:

Magnus thanks for the updates. This has been the most complete build in group so far and is really inspiring. Nice work. I look forward to your next post ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Magnus Fridsell said 10 years, 11 months ago:

Gregor! Especially for you my friend ๐Ÿ™‚ !

I have posted a lot at another site and one standing joke over there is my rather uninteresting photos of "parts-on-sticks". Get used to it ๐Ÿ™‚ !

I've primed the intakes and the splitter plates...

...just to notice this! The short intake channels are a bit annoying but I think it is possible to paint them so as to get an acceptable illusion of depth. But that missing bottom section about 10 mm from the intake lip will be seen no matter how I paint. I'll have to figure out some way or another to fill it...

Regards

Magnus

• Profile Photo

Magnus, great to see more pics of your builds. Which Phantom have you made most progress with? Many thanks for the latest post:-)

• Profile Photo
    Magnus Fridsell said 10 years, 11 months ago:

Gregor! They are advancing more or less line abreast, I'll try to get them ready for paint both at the same time.

Some more photos later tonight I hope...

Regards

Magnus

• Profile Photo

Great! - I look forward to the next batch of pics Magnus:)

• Profile Photo
    David Hansen said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Looks very good so far, Magnus.

Meanwhile, my F-4B languishes in storage downstairs, waiting patiently for me to get my Phantom Mojo back. To be honest, i'm having too much fun building Corsairs these days.

-d-

• Profile Photo
    Magnus Fridsell said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Friends! I'm in France spending time eating cheese and drinking wine and doing very little modelling (for the simple reason that the kits and tools are 3000 km away from here ๐Ÿ™‚ ) but I'll be back soon after I'm back home in Sweden again!

Regards

Magnus

• Profile Photo

Back again!

I've filled those holes now...

This isn't ideal but I can't figure out something else right now. Maybe if the model was built in a different sequence but that is too late now... Better than before I hope though!

And no, it ain't cheese, it is Tamiya 2-part epoxy putty!

Regards

Magnus

• Profile Photo
    said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Great Magnus nice to watch your progress with the Phantoms.

• Profile Photo

The good-idea-brigade came to my rescue (in the shape Jessica from Aeroscale and my friend Anders) and suggested a totally different solution (the one that should have been the obvious one from the start I would say...).

This method also had the added advantage that I would get the immense pleasure to chisel away the Tamiya putty from the bottom of the intakes so no way I could withstand the pressure ๐Ÿ™‚ !

Anders sent this photo of his F-4F project through the mail...

...and I copied it! Next time it would be a simple operation to hack away the blanking plates from the fuselage halves and let the plasticard walls stretch a bit further into the fuselage. Next time...

Regards

Magnus

• Profile Photo
    said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Great progress Magnus. I admire the way you troubleshoot thru problems you come across mid-build. Keep up the good work ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Magnus Fridsell said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Sorry for the delay in updates, I've been busy with other stuff lately. We've spent the last weeks at my parent's place in southern Sweden doing lots of fun stuff and a bit of useful work as well!

That's me with the grin on the track of our neighbour's mini-digger, removing the root's of my parent's dead hedge. We had a bit of a conference on the subject of telephone cables and their location...

Driving back tomorrow to Stockholm and after that it will be a bit more like business as usual!

Regards

Magnus