Aero L-29 Delfín at RIMPAC 2010, 1:48 (Eduard/AMK)

Started by Martin Dytrych · 44 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

Great looking already, Martin.

• Profile Photo
    Martin Dytrych said 3 years ago:

Unmasked!

Everything looks awesome!

I just fixed few places, but it is great overall! I am really happy I did not push too much and I mixed all colors as long as they looked perfect to me.

All shades look very accurate now and that makes me really proud! Just top blue/purple took me 4 shots before I found the way how to reach the correct shadow - I tried Mr. Paint, Mr. Color, final color is therefore mix of Tamiya Red, Sky Blue and White.

I used FX templates to modulate the surface.

Next phase - polish,varnish and decals. It might tak few more days, I am getting vaccinated tomorrow morning. So, I can be off one or two days, lets see.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

The scheme is fantastic, Martin.
    You did a really great job on that.
    Looking forward to the decal session.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

Nice looking camo, Martin (@naviatik).

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

This is splendid, Martin!

• Profile Photo

Dear friends, I am done!
    I will bring more pictures tomorrow and just for you exclusively, I will add also complete guide how to build this beauty - I marked changes right in Eduard's guidebook.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

An outstanding result, Martin. @naviatik
    Dressed up with the decals makes it look great.
    The scheme is beautiful.
    Looking forward to see it in the headlines.

• Profile Photo

Amazing result, Martin!
    Excellent build and excellent painting.
    The chosen scheme is striking!

• Profile Photo

Looks great, Martin (@naviatik). The camouflage and light weathering are particularly well done.

• Profile Photo

As I promised, here is small guide to build this specific variant from Eduard's version of AMK kit.

One picture is missing - on the right side of rear cockpit, there is small round cover which has to be filled with putty (there is also one on the left side - only that one is OK).

I only somehow did not get the correct aircraft stand, it should look more "heavy on tail".

In case of any question please write me. Surprisingly, there is not much pictures of TacAir Delfin at the Internet, I guess I got them all and I would still like to have more.

But this kit is already over and I move to completely different types.

13 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for sharing this useful information, Martin.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for doing all this effort, in order to provide us with such nice and solid presentation on what to fix, Martin @naviatik.

I have built the 1/72 ultra basic KP kit, finished as an Uganda bird, with some improvisation scratch build.

I find the Delfin a very charming plane, very interesting modeling wise, so I might be tackling a quarter scale one in the future. Your notes will defonitely come handy; wlill be hard to resist not to chose your chosen scheme!

Regarding the nose up posture when parked, it is true that sans pilots the nose is usually seen "up". However, I have spotted a very few pics of parked Delfins, showing the plane with " level" posture. I would assume it looks like this before refuelling? Nevertheless, I believe your model's posture is not wrong, more like "rarely seen".

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

Great tutorial - and nicely finished plane - well done!

• Profile Photo

Thanks for the info, Martin (@naviatik). Delfins are really cool and look like they would have been fun to fly.