Airfix 1/48 Hawker Hurricane MK I

Started by Yann Bertholet · 93 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Many thanks to follow the build @johnb, @gblair, @fiveten.

@johnb, no I'm not planning to attach the wire, I don't have this skill yet. But I promise I will practice for a next build. If you have some tips, they are always welcome!

Sorry for the late reply but I was a way for a couple of days, the pictures in the highlights will be posted today.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 6 months ago:

@yann, no excuse required. For the wire, I'm not an expert as well. For the wire I use Ushi van der Rosten (fine). To attach it I apply a small drop of superglue with the tip of a cocktail stick. Keeping the wire at that exact location to let the glue dry is the most difficult part, at least for myself.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 6 months ago:

I think it looks great, @yann, and I usually don't attach the antenna wire either. I started occasionally adding a wire about a year ago using the stretchy line designed for rigging planes and boats. I use some from Ammo by Mig, which comes in 3 or 4 different thicknesses, from very thin to impossible to see. Like John (@johnb) said, this stuff is so thin and light that just a tiny drop of CA will attach it. So far, about every 4th kit that I build gets the treatment. I am not sure how much difference it makes visually. The only people who see my models are my wife and my cat, and neither of them care about the antenna wire.