Airfix 1/48 Supermarine Seafire FR46/47

Started by Jaime Carreon · 63 · 10 years ago · Airfix, Seafire FR46/47
  • Profile Photo
    neil foster said 10 years ago:

Morning Jaime, well in the clear light of day I've had a look and I'm sorry I don't have the decals you need ,my finished FAA Seafire is the same as yours so the decals you want are used and the first one that was reincarnated as USS Bunkerhill also started out as the same aircraft and so they were used as well, my only advice is to buy a decal sheet of letters and numbers just make sure they are the correct size I think the size you want is about 6mm,they may not be the same font but no one will know (or care) as long as they match so you will have to carefully scratch off or paint out the remaining letter P, don't think of it as a waste of money as you will probably use them again some time ,they are handy to have in your decal bank,alternatively you could just remove the remaining P and leave them out until you get round to attempting another Airfix Seafire in the other version,if you dare!, it could be a rights of passage kind of thing "Your not a scale modeller till you've built an Airfix Seafire young man now bugger off",we could look down our noses at lesser modellers who haven't finished one (LOL)!

N.

P.S. anything you build after this will be a walk in the park.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 10 years ago:

You're not selling this kit to me as my next project Neil! 🙂 Jaime - good luck with the rest of the build - i hope to see it in headlines soon.

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 10 years ago:

A fight to the very end. Got all the little bits glued on, took three tries to get the guard in front of the tailwheel attached. Then, while doing a little chipping on the props, I noticed leading edges facing in both directions on both props. Went back to the instructions thinking I had fouled something up, but the part numbers on all the blades were the same and they only attach one way. So I am now the proud owner of a counter-counter-contra-rotating prop Seafire. And it only took five months instead of my usual decade or two.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement. It is very much appreciated!

Having said all of that -- IT'S DONE!