Airmodel 1/72 Heinkel P.1078C Resin

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 142 · 3 years ago · 1/72, Airmodel, Heinkel, Luft '46, P.1078C, resin
  • Profile Photo
    Jeremy Millan said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Thank you for the tutorial Spiros! I will have to try some brake lines now.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Hi Jeremy @jmillan. Thanks for following!

• Profile Photo

And this is how the LG w/"brake line" looks after "steel" painting:

Next is doors attachment.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Spiros (@fiveten),
    Amazing to see you use stretched sprue - something I've never succeeded at doing - for the break lines.
    I normally use fine wire (for 1/48 kits) as it is easy enough to bend a single piece to the required shape.

• Profile Photo

Wire looks to be great as a choice, Michael@michaelt, as you can bent it to the desired shape, and it is something I might try in the future. I have never used it, but I believe it will have an edge over stretched sprue, especially at bigger scales. It is just that stretched sprue and yours truly have become good friends...it falls easilly at my hands!. Oh, and I don't have to use yet some more cyano, messing around those lovely tiny LGs!

Thanks for watching, my friend!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Very nice my friend.

Regarding the use of fine wire, I have found that old cables work fine. We all have some old unused USB or mouse cable and a few old electrical cables lying around, and just a few cm's of these will last you a long time. Of course that needs CA to be glued in place. . .

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @airbum!
    Indeed I plan to utilize fine wire for brake cables, as the one you suggested.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 7 months ago:

You are right about small details making a big difference, Spiros (@fiveten). When you look at the finished plane, you will get a sense that it is detailed without necessarily noting each detail. They all go together to create an overall impression.

• Profile Photo

Thanks @gblair!

• Profile Photo

Doors added:

Next is finishing the cockpit and final touchups.

• Profile Photo

Spiros, just saw the bulge in the nosegear door. I know it is late, but I think there might be a huge cover for the wheel in the cockpit as opposed to the wheel rotating 90 degrees. No matter what, it is looking great, and I am on the edge of the chair for the next update my friend!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Progress is getting along real nice, Spiros.

• Profile Photo

Hi my friends @airbum and @johnb!

...well, a scenario that suits me is that the bulge might be to accomodate the single port side arm, as it will have rotated 90 deg (he-he! - lol)...of course it has to be aerodynamically shaped, that's why the door, made from aluminum sheet, is faired all along...

And an update:

Glued doors retraction struts (from stretched sprue) at the big front door and the small MLG doors, as they looked too bare.

Fitted seat belts at the seat, made of green doped masking tape, buckles made with my PILOT silver pen...

...and glued the seat in the cockpit (touchups to be done).

The cockpit was highlighted with some silver, red and yellow micro"details".

Finally, I glued a gunsight, made of acetate.

Next is painting those actuating rods, general touching up, weathering and a coat of varnish...

Thanks for watching, my friends!

• Profile Photo

…..well, a scenario that suits me is that the bulge might be to accomodate the single port side arm, as it will have rotated 90 deg

That is why you have been assigned the new job! Thinking out of the well . . . box that is. . .

The cockpit looks great my friend!

• Profile Photo

Caution! Touch up in process!

...as those smalliish resins (doors etc) snap away by just thinking of them!
    You can also see the transparency before its operation, brought near the Heinkel, as an attempt of mystical acquaintance, hoping the energy of the Universe will provide a smooth match...
    …..well, a scenario that suits me is that the bulge might be to accomodate the single port side arm, as it will have rotated 90 deg

Would you trust this guy as a lawyer?
    or
    Would you hire this guy to write scenarios for those Spy series you dream of bringing out?

LOL LOL LOL

Thanks for liking the cockpit, my friend @airbum!
    Here's another pic of it from another view, looking "not out of place" in its generic nature...(go figure...)