Airmodel 1/72 Heinkel P.1078C Resin

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 142 · 3 years ago · 1/72, Airmodel, Heinkel, Luft '46, P.1078C, resin
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Hi John @Johnb, George @gblair and Lewis @lgardner!
    Thanks for kind words, my friends!

John, that cup of coffee was accompanied by the above Shalamar song: "A night to remember" AND IT WAS GREAT!

George, I can accept your kind commenting that I make work on the canopy look easy, ONLY at the basis of your acceptance to the fact that you make "ultra-limited run" kits builds look easy (do I hear a Maryland and a Tornado calling?). Masking vacanopies is a tedious process I refrain from: I handpaint...

Lewis, yep, vacanopies give me that grief!... Especially when they are thin and have a loose shape...
    Thank goodness my house is equipped with an automatic electrical cutoff relay - No, I didn't say that! - LOL
    I 'm off for finishing the Heinkel beauty!

• Profile Photo

Oberleutnant Hans Schaffell, Testpilot of this beauty, complained that the fuselage internally built-in radio antenna was not up to the task, as the radio performance was poor. Heinkel engineers had no choice but to add an external antenna. Keeping into mind that NOTHING should protrude on topsides, in order to offer poor Hans some chances of survival, upon possible bailout, they installed one at the centerline underneath the plane, just behind the MLG.

Hans was happy with the solution, even more so that the radio quality was adequate now. "They value my safety, even at those awkward times", he thought.
    After applying some black paint at that installed radio antenna, made out of my sons ice cream trays...

...I painted, microtouchedup and finally applied a coat of satin-to-gloss paint at the canopy frame...

I then called this beauty done!

Thanks for watching everybody!
    I have just no words to express my joy on having such great passengers on this resin ride (in order of appearance):
    @gblair, @airbum, @lgardner, @kalamazoo, @johnb, @michaelt, @eb801, @gkittinger, @jmillan, @roofrat!
    Thanks a lot, my friends, your presence and constructive commenting was of great help and kept my motivation at top level!

Soon to reach the headlines!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Hopefully your son ate all the icecream before you cut his tray up. . .

Spiros my friend, it has been an absolute pleasure watching this build. And indeed it has been a construction, not just a kit-assembly, proving once again that if you want, any kit, no matter the quality and all, simple hard work and thorough thinking ensures a nice endresult.

Thank you for having us on this ride @fiveten, it was an absolute pleasure!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 7 months ago:

This has been fun to watch, Spiros (@fiveten). You need to use all of this experience on something like a conversion for a plastic kit that includes resin and vacuform. :o)

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 7 months ago:

A superb result, Spiros @fiveten
    Thanks a lot for taking us through this journey of resin modelling.
    I learned a lot from your approaches and thoughts during the build.
    Still I don't feel that comfortable to start my first resin build.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 3 years, 7 months ago:

A great looking build, @fiveten.
    Ii has just occurred to me that the colours are reminiscent of the Hellenic Mirage 2000s.
    A very pretty scheme.

• Profile Photo

Indeed they are, Michael @michaelt!
    Thanks for kind comments!