Brewster B339 Buffalo (Tamiya 1/48), KNIL 1942

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 152 · 9 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 1 year ago:

I had an earlier version of this kit about 30 years ago and it never got past the fuselage stage, primarily because i was too busy with other things at that time and I lost interest in it for awhile. It's been lost to time, but I have this same B339 kit now and want to do it in British markings, It really does stand up well considering how old the kit is.

Looking good so far John @johnb. I am looking forward to the painting stage on yours to see how it looks in 3D.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Looks fantastic, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

@clipper, thanks a lot, Carl. Looking forward to yours in British scheme.
    @fiveten, thank you, Spiros.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year ago:

The added tail section looks like it fit very well, John (@johnb). This is moving forward quickly.

• Profile Photo

@gblair, thanks a lot, George. Hope to get the main wings mounted this weekend, it will reveal the great looks of a Buffalo.

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 1 year ago:

Nice work John!

• Profile Photo

@davem, thank you, David

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 1 year ago:

I am a little tight on time at the moment so I somehow let this one slip under the radar. Very nice job so far! Your build might even inspire me to start building the Finnish one.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year ago:

@johnb - Looking good. Your detail work looks fantastic as usual John!

• Profile Photo

@inflames, thank you, Sebastijan. It is a great kit to build, looking forward to see your Finnish one.

@brithebuilder, thanks, Brian. Not even close to your detailing quality but enjoying the hobby and learning every day.

• Profile Photo

Wings section mounted to the fuselage. An excellent fit I have to admit. At the lower surface as well as at the wing roots, no gaps present, just a little cleaning up to be done.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year ago:

It's starting to look like a whole airplane, John (@johnb). Now comes the fun part: paint and decals.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year ago:

Your Brewster is looking real good, John @johnb. Looks like you’re having fun with this one. You can always count on Tamiya kits to be almost stress free builds, even the older ones. I’ll be waiting for the paint and markings.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Looking excellent so far, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year ago:

@johnb - Thank you Sir! I appreciate the compliment, but I beg to differ. As long as we're learning and having fun doing it, this hobby continues to be a gift!