Building the 1:48 AMT Stinson SR-9 Reliant

Started by George R Blair Jr · 16 · 4 years ago · 1/48, AMT, CAP, SR-9, Stinson Reliant
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years ago:

I think I am basically done with this build. It was a lot of fun and I got the chance to try some new things on it. The wingtip position lights that I added seem to work fairly well, and re-doing the cockpit went well, even if you can't see much of it after everything is closed up. The decals didn't come out as well as I would have hoped. The decals printed on clear decal material went down fine with no problems. But the density of the decals printed on the white decal paper was not sufficient to prevent the model color underneath from slightly showing through the decal. This made the CAP insignia look a little dull. I haven't used this decal paper before and hadn't had the same problem with the previous paper I had used. I suspect the new paper is just slightly thinner than the previous paper.

So, the Stinson joins some of my other 1/48 scale kits it the model case. The only thing lift to do is to figure out what to start next. I have a small pile of kits that have moved from the garage to the hobby room to be in line to build. Nothing has called out to me yet, so who knows.

By the way, if anyone is interested, I found this advertisement for a model contest in my Stinson's box. The grand prize is a trip to Acapulco. Of course, it won't do any good since we are stuck in our houses. Of course, the deadline has already passed a little.

13 additional images. Click to enlarge.