Cadillac of the Sky - a few P-51 D made by two

Started by Pedro L. Rocha · 155 · 1 month ago · 1/48, Airfix, Eduard, P-51, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Will be an awesome project, my friend @lgardner!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

You have your hands full with this multi-build project, Louis (@lgardner). I will for sure be following along on this one. You have a bunch of other projects going. Where do you find the space on your work bench? How many different projects do you have going now (not including your 1:1 projects)?

• Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

G’day Pedro (@holzhamer),
    I’ve only dobe a few natural metal aircraft and have yet to find a paint that looks natural and is easy to work with - i.e. doesn’t rub off and works well with decals.
    I tried the different panel colour look with my T-33 which worked ok, but getting the alternate colour right is a bit hit and miss.
    I’m looking forward to how you go.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

G’day Louis (@lgardner),
    Three different types at once is a new challenge. Looking forward to that as well.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Thank you Michael. Yes it could get “interesting” and chances are that I will build one at a time during this build. I will cover the Mustang here.

I’m not going to be building these three just yet. I have to complete several kits before I crack open a new one.

I’m really looking forward to building these three and it’s going to be a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by.