Countdown to the Nats, Gladiator 2….9 days left (and 9 nights)…

Started by Bill Koppos · 3 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Bill Koppos said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Howdy plastic people. Since the last post I have been able to get a fair amount of work done, still a pile of it to go. So many little bits to do! The fin flashes were finished up, the white and blue, I hope I matched the blue fairly well. All now is in prep to get that top wing on, have to get anything done that having an upstairs airfoil would interfere with.The whole fuselage was glosscoated and given a panel line wash, then flatted out. Now the cockpit can be unmasked. The gunsight Silver Wings gives you is fair at best, I modified that and I had to devise my own mounting system for it. The interior shot shows that, and also The nice Radu Briznan seat harness I have since installed. I am presently working on the very tiny delicate machine gun barrels, very hard to work with but the detail is nice, with barrel vents, flash hiders and tiny cooling fins cast it, amazing stuff. Meanwhile I managed to get the engine finished, another project, as the cowl comes in 3 parts, which need lots of fiddling to get together smoothly. They still did not come out as I would have liked but time, time. The exhaust pipes almost suffered from my decision to use the under-fuselage dinghy pack sometimes carried by Sea Gladiators. They are a weird fit to begin with but the dinghy pack forces them down a bit more than they should. I won't be mentioning that anymore. The casting on these pipes is once again, sweet, the little holes in them beautifully molded in.

Welllll ,back to the weaponry, maybe if I get the fuselage guns in good, I will develop a pair and get the top wing on tonight. or maybe tomorrow. Nine days left?

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Looking good Bill. Especially like that picture of your thumb, that belongs to a modeler;-)
    Keep at it, you got a real show stopper

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Fantastic Gladiator Bill, hope you'll do well with it at the competition.