Dora Wings 1/48 AT-9 Jeep

Started by Tom Cleaver · 25 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Loks nice painted, @tcila!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Very nice result, Tom @tcinla
    I must admit that the open door looks great.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Slick! That smooth aluminum really suits this one.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 9 months ago:

The decals went on without a problem and I am calling it finished. Well, almost - I realized they screwed up with the serial for the vertical fin - it's not "H2043" it's "112043" and I am going to try and get the cross bar of the "H" off - or overpainted.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years, 8 months ago:

One word comes to mind "Cute". The Jeep design reminds me of some of 30's cartoon characters. Something that easily could have been scale down to fit a child's hand too. Yet , the design had serious reason for being for training pilots to fly B-26 Marauders. It always neat to see forgotten trainers. I hope Dora Wings can come up with a Vultee BT -13 Valiant/Vindicator in 1/48th scale. That would be icing on the cake.

Neat build of a forgotten trainer or looked over supporting actor of the big story of WWII.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Really nice, Tom (@tcinla). Some of these new model companies are really rushing through the learning curve. I may need to move my AT-9 closer to the front of the list.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew Alexander said 2 years, 8 months ago:

These new companies (Dora, Arma, etc.) are really blurring the lines of what “limited run” means. Really nice looking kit, can definitely see the Curtiss/Wright family lineage in its lines.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 2 years, 8 months ago:

@stephen-w-towle, Dora has planned an A-31/35, P-66, AT-19 and SNC-1, among others. Considering, I'd say it wouldn't hurt to get your hopes up.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 8 months ago:

What a great result, my friend @tcinla!
    Yeah, just some silver paint applied with a 10/0 brush and your H will become a I I... 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Beautiful build, Tom @tcinla
    Indeed a very nice cartoonishly looking plane like mentioned by Stephen.
    That small correction should be an easy task for you.