Dora Wings 1/48 Republic P-43A Lancer

Started by Tom Cleaver · 19 · 3 years ago · 1/48, Dora Wings, Lancer, P-43A, Republic
  • Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Eric, I got mine on order online too. The LHS said it was already on back-order due to being "unexpectedly popular". Go figure... make a kit of an underappreciated plane, and people go nuts for it.

• Profile Photo
    Doug Humphrey said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Got one for my stash a couple weeks ago, via ebay. The kit arrived with the sprues wrapped heavily in cardboard, and the box packed alongside, but unfolded (?!?) No broken pieces and nothing missing, so no harm though.

Great looking model. TY for posting the pictures with the Chinese pilots, also noticed a P-66 Vanguard in the background. Have always liked this bird because of it's "heritage" to the P-47.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 8 months ago:

I checked in on your build again, bud could not see any updates - I always go to the last post in a on-going thread, and then see how far back I have to go to see what I have missed since my last visit. Today I realised that you update by adding to the early posts and add a text mentioning the update in that post. I find it a bit confusing, as I never saw that method used before. Do not take it wrong - just me being confused, and if that is how you normally update then that is OK, just a bit confusing for me.

Anyway - the plane looked good, nice and different subject from Dora Wings.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 8 months ago:

I have purchased a couple of things on Ebay that came from Ukraine and they arrived with the sprues packed separately and the box folded flat. Everything arrived fine. It was a little weird having to build the box to put the model into the stash. I would have preferred to buy from my local hobby shop, but these were kits that my LHS wasn't going to carry.