F-4 J PHANTOM (VF-74) Bedevilers 1/48 Monogram

Started by millo lucian · 12 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    millo lucian said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Initially, the set was variant F-4c / d I updated to represent a version specifically J. All details have been re-mapped

The model was completed in 2009 and at that time there were options for F-4J accurate wheels.The main ones provided in the kit are mounted only temporary and will be replaced by Eduard Brassin in the very near future, with exhaust cans.
    This model was introduced to modeling various shows in my country Romania. The photos were taken at shows or in the window at home.

The Be-Devilers are the longest serving Phantom unit in the U.S. Navy, 20 years of service with the F-4!

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

surface treatment was done using Vallejo model color acrylics, mixed to match the FS paints of the real aircraft, and sealed using Vallejo clear gloss varnish

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Monogram kit in my opinion is the best, followed by the Academy, with a third Hasegawa . Its disadvantage is that all panel lines are high and must be re-engraved.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Alastair Barbour said 9 years, 4 months ago:

That is a great looking model. The engraving is amazing and the weathering outstanding. Love it.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 4 months ago:

As Alastair said, outstanding! Perfect modelling ! You should post this one in the headlines
    here on iModeler too, you will have much more and well deserved attention.
    Your modelling is really impressive, second to none !

• Profile Photo
    Rob Anderson said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Man oh man! That is beautiful!
    Rob

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 4 months ago:

As the above comments, an excellent build sir.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I agree with Bernd, you need to get this over on Headlines so it will get the attention it deserves.
    One of the better Phantoms I've seen..

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 9 years, 4 months ago:

BRAVO! Millo, being in the US Navy, I am impressed by an outstanding build. Your F-4 is a masterpiece. Well done, I love it. I have seen hundreds of F-4's built over the years, this one just pops from the very first image. Excellent pics of the model as well. Thank you for doing such a wonderful build on a plane that is dear to my heart. Well done and thanks for sharing it with us. Bernd is correct you should post this under the headlines, or maybe there is a way that Martin can switch it over to where others can enjoy this model.

Chuck
    Fly Navy

• Profile Photo
    millo lucian said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Thank mates, for the nice comments !

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Milo, outstanding F-4J, especially considering that you started with a Monogram F-4C/D. Your paint, decals and weathering are excellent. I really like that you didn't add loads of bombs etc,, it's rare to see a Phantom built with just the sparrows and centerline tank. Definitely should be a headliner.

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Never too many F4s on view in my opinion (at least at this standard!).