Fi 103 Reichenberg Re 4a + Kugisho Ohka model 11 1/32 scale from HPH models

Started by Michael Ezat · 44 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

With all of the different materials involved, multimedia kits can be tough, but you really have mastered the process, Michael (@faraomike). Both kits are coming along nicely and I am looking forward to the paint and decals.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years ago:

George , for some reason that is not present, I have indeed gained a lot of experience in this kind of kit.
    Thank you for your kindly comments !

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years ago:

Hello guys , how are you there ?

A quick update just to show you my progress with the painting proccess .

The Fi103 is painting following a picture that shows a machine which seems to have been assembled from pieces of three different batches and therefore the result is somewhat careless or otherwise particularly interesting for someone who is usually looking for something beyond the familiar and the usual.

So the nose is painted in RLM 76 v.1 with blotches of RLM 81 v.3 and RLM 83 , the mid section is painted with RLM 76 with thick irregular lines of RLM 74 & RLM 81 v.2 and the backwards including the engine with RLM 76 and alot of lines of RLM 74 , 81 v.3 & 83 .

Oh yes , before I forget , the wings are RLM 81 v.3 and RLM 83 .

The decoration is the absolutely necessary and limited to a swastica on the tail and three small warning stencils on the nose .

At the other side the Ohka : a very simple colors set with only two colors , which is the only one that differs somewhat from the monochrome.

In fact, it is very likely that they are two different shades of the same color or even a difference caused by the lighting.

In any case , the Ohka is painted with Hairyokushoku (grey green) and ...RLM 78 ! The second color is as close as possible to the shade shown in the photo I used as a reference point .

Ohka is most decorated than Fi 103 and have a flower on both sides of the nose and the number 20 in black , simple font , but no rising suns .

All the colors are from AK air colors except the RLM 83 that comes from Gunze .

So , next step is a light post shading with oils , matt varnish , finishing the Ohka trolley and ...entrance to the showcase !

Next update will be the final , untill then , be safe and have fun !

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Looking very nice indeed, my friend @faraomike!
    What a great, rarely seen model!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years ago:

Those are coming along nicely. I don't have either in my stash - may have to snoop around and find them!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

Seriously great paintwork, Michael @faraomike
    Great scheme (if you can call it like that) on the Fi103.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

Both "planes" look really good, Michael (@faraomike). I can't imagine what it was like to fly one of these things.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

My, they look good!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 years, 11 months ago:

As I promised, they are finally ready !
    I have nothing special to comment on, other than the fact that it was a pleasant build, easy, without many requirements and without "dark" spots.
    The photos, at least up to a point, speak of the result that, if nothing else, is pleasant and unique, not to mention the space economy it achieves.
    A really highlly recomentation especially for Luftwaffe enthusiasts !
    Thank you all for following this article , keep safe and have fun !

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Great set of exceptional 'planes', Michael.
    Scheme of the Fi103 is beautiful.

• Profile Photo

Thank you John !

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Yep, excellent both of them, @faraomike!

• Profile Photo

Thank you Spiros !

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

The two planes are outstanding, Michael (@faraomike). The paint on both planes is very effective.