I’ve spent the last week doing some very typical High Planes-modelling-handiwork: making stuff fit! The engine nacelles needed the removal of quite a lot of plastic and the complex fit to the wing contour is far from perfect. I do however have an ample supply of Milliput that will come in very hand in this situation!
While on the subject of the nacelles, here is some further work:
The early prototypes doesn’t seem to have had the same petrol starter motor in the inlet cone as the later aircraft but the cone is still there. Due to mismatching mould halves, these were easiest to do from a piece of sprue. The efflux cones are a bit more complex in shape and could be saved by careful filling and sanding.
The inlet cones and their blanking plates fitted quite well while the outlet channels were both uneven and far to short, making the efflux cones protruding too far out. I used Milliput to build up the channels, manipulating it using a very handy rubber-tipped sculpting tool, recommended by my friend Johan the Figurepainter and bought at a local art-supply shop!
The black threads going in all directions in the photo are florist’s wire that I use for centering, holding parts together, and when all is glued they make a nifty handle as well!
The wheels have also been cleaned up and glued, more detailing to be added later in the project!