Hasegawa "'Pearl Harbor Attack Part 2" 1/48 A6M2/B5N2/D3A1

Started by Keith · 130 · 4 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months, 3 weeks ago:

The base looks awesome, my friend @greenterrorz, as does the Kate!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months, 3 weeks ago:

Wow, those pictures do look amazing, as does the Kate, Keith @greenterrorz
    Good work on the base.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months, 3 weeks ago:

The trio looks great, Keith (@greenterrorz). The paint-work on the planes is great both inside and outside. Looks like the new lens is taking good pics.

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 6 months, 3 weeks ago:

After 4 hours of putting in work this evening on the carrier deck; I am satisfied with the result.

Thank you all for your compliments!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looking awesome, my friend @greenterrorz!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months, 3 weeks ago:

An absolute satisfying result, Keith @greenterrorz

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months, 3 weeks ago:

Kate looks terrific, Keith @greenterrorz. It looks like your new camera lens is operating well. Looking forward to the rest of the planes, and the Mogami, as well.

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 6 months, 3 weeks ago:

Thanks for following this far everyone!

While working on the Mogami, I plan on starting the next plane in this series.

Anyone have a suggestion if I should go with the D3A1 Val or the A6M2 Zero next?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

I would go for the D3A1, leaving the Zero for the end, my friend @greenterrorz. But then, that's just me 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

Onto to the D3A1 Val it is then!

It appears there is some controversy on what color this aircraft actually was. Based on info I can find; it is grey-green or light grey. I have most Tamiya paints on hand so could go with either XF-76 IJN Grey-Green or with XF-91 IJN Grey. The XF-76 might be more interesting since most builds I see online appear to be either light grey or dark green.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

Indeed, the XF-76 will be very interesting, my friend @greenterrorz. Looking forward to the Val!

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

I’m curious if anyone has a recommendation for circle mask to assist painting the red sun insignia.

The decals in this kit seem pretty thick and don’t show as much detail under them as I would like; so would prefer to paint.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

A good choice to go for the D3A1, Keith @greenterrorz
    Would be nice to see it in XF-76.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi Keith @greenterrorz: Throw me on the bandwagon with the others. I think gray/green would be cool. I borrow my wife's hobby cutter called a Brother Scan and Cut to make masks for my planes. Really simple to use.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

What a great deck! Looking good. If you need a mask for the sun, there are some on the market. But getting a circlecutter of some sort is a great investment.I have had good use of DEAD Design masks, and they make some for hinomaru's too, not sure if they have some for this kit though.