Hasegawa "'Pearl Harbor Attack Part 2" 1/48 A6M2/B5N2/D3A1

Started by Keith · 130 · 3 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

All looking excellent from here, my friend @greenterrorz!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

G’day Keith (@greenterrorz),
    This is looking good.
    Your marathon effort is nearly over.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

The sprayed-on markings look really nice, Keith (@greenterrorz). All the work cutting the masks and getting the plane taped for painting will definitely be worth the extra effort. The 4 figures are really detailed and will terrific when they are painted. The NMF on the prop is one of the best I have seen. Well done. Can't wait for the finish.

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Thank you all @fiveten @johnb @gblair @michaelt

Last night I got my oil wash applied. I went with a burnt umber followed by a medium grey. For the engine cowl, I only used the medium grey since the burnt umber wouldn’t be pronounced:

I also got the faces painted for the figurines. I feel accomplished for getting the eyes done. I had done eyes on 1/48 in the past and they turned out pretty crazy looking…. These seem much better especially since they haven’t even had a dark wash over them yet.

• Profile Photo

Excellent weathering and awesome figures, my friend @greenterrorz!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Beautiful weathering result and great figure painting, Keith @greenterrorz

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Panel wash looks great and really accentuates the lines, Keith (@greenterrorz). I have been using artist's oils more and more, and really like them better than most other methods.

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Thank you all! The A6M2 Zero is officially done! I have some glamour shots prepared, but won't have the shots on the carrier deck with all the figures and the B5N2 & D3A1 done until tomorrow at some point. Thanks everyone for following along, I appreciate all the input and interest over the coarse of this build. I will post my “article” tomorrow morning hopefully.

Painted figures:

• Profile Photo

The Zero looks wonderful, as do the figures, my friend @greenterrorz!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

The Zero looks very realistic, Keith @greenterrorz
    Excellent all over. Same is valid for the figures.